𝗂𝗑. 𝗜𝗺𝗽𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗼𝘂𝘀

━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝖨𝗆𝗉𝖾𝗍𝗎𝗈𝗎𝗌

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝖨𝗆𝗉𝖾𝗍𝗎𝗈𝗎𝗌

━━━━━━━━━━

The following weeks was quite nice. Bella had continued to join Alissa at Jacob's house. Alissa had to admit, seeing Bella smile and laugh made her happy. It seemed being around Jake again made her stop thinking about Edward, for at least a little bit. She had started to be more of herself again. Alissa did worry she'd go back into her shell so whenever the girl zoned out, Alissa made sure to bring her back again. She engaged into more conversations with Bella and she could see how grateful she was for it.

But everything seemingly went downhill when Jacob mentioned Edward once. Bella started having nightmares again and there was some afternoons Alissa would go alone to Jake's house. Bella didn't shut them out like she did before. She still joined them on some afternoons but Alissa could see she was more reserved.

When Bella was with them, Alissa ordered pizza everytime just to ensure the girl ate. The pizza wasn't the best but at least it was food. They stayed over during some afternoons and Billy wasn't at all surprised. He was curious to know why the girls were at his house every afternoon but he never questioned it.

Jacob was grateful since he didn't want his dad to know about the motorcycles just yet. He wanted to keep it a secret for now or until they fixed them. His friends Quil and Embry were the only ones who knew and they came over to hang out with them a few times but one afternoon Embry stopped coming. It was only ever Quil who came. Neither Jake or Quil was fazed by Embry's absence.

She did ask Jacob once but he just told her about Sam and his 'disciples' who Embry was now apart of them.

The final day of fixing the bikes they decided to go out and give them a test drive. Alissa still couldn't believe they had actually went through with fixing the bikes. It was Bella's crazy idea that neither her or Jake even questioned.

"If I told you. . .I couldn't have fixed these bikes, what would you say?" Jacob asked Bella as they drove towards their destination. "Are you doubting your mad skills?"

Alissa was sitting between the two so she kept looking between them. "No, definitely not. I mean, they'll run fine. It's just. . .Maybe if I was smarter would have dragged out to rebuild them," Jacob told her. The Argent girl, turned her head slowly. Did Bella catch his tone?

"If you told me, you couldn't fix these bikes. I would say that that's. . .really too bad but. . .we're just gonna have to find something else to do," Bella said and that made Jake smile. Alissa felt bad that, that was all it took for the boy to swoon again.