𝗑𝗑. 𝗦𝘄𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗹𝘆

━━━━━━━━━━
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝖲𝗐𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗅𝗒

━━━━━━━━━━𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𝖲𝗐𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗅𝗒

━━━━━━━━━━

Alissa glanced to the boy at her side who was in the the driver's seat. His hands were tightened around the steering wheel. Her heart broke for him and Harry's family. They had been on their way to Emily's  house when Paul had gotten the message about Harry. He dropped her off at Emily's before going over to Harry's house. She didn't know Harry as well as she hoped she would've, but she knew he was a sweet man, and he was adored by a lot of people. She knew what it felt like to lose a parent, so she knows what his kids were going through.

The brunette reached over and placed her hand over his. She could feel the warmth radiating off his body by just touching his hand. He glanced over at her, and she pulled away feeling a bit awkward, but he grabbed her hand which just made her heart start to beat faster for no reason. Physical touch had never gotten her so flustered as it did in that moment.

Everything was going too fast for her. Her feelings progressed a lot faster than she thought it would. Had it been the bond they formed or was she just insanely attracted to the boy?

It all felt overwhelming.

She gave his hand a squeeze and she could see that he appreciated it.

Paul stopped the car in front of the house and Alissa sighed. She looked over to the red truck that was parked there and an unfamiliar black car. She didn't know who it was, but she honestly didn't care. The girl was more concerned for Paul.
The two exited the car, and they made their way to the porch. He didn't have to walk her to the house but she was glad he did. They walked in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence but it also wasn't a comfortable silence either.

Maybe Paul just wanted to be with his thoughts for a moment. They stopped at the door and she turned to him. “You didn't have to bring me to the door,” she spoke up and the boy shrugged. “I have to make sure you're safe.”

Alissa looked at the door and the bit her lip. She didn't want him to leave just yet but she knew he'd have to go back to Harry's after he left. “Do you maybe want to come in for a few minutes?” Alissa asked nonetheless.

Paul raised his brow at the girl, and she chuckled. “You don't have to if you don't want to.”

“Sure.” Alissa smiled, pushing the door open and Paul immediately stopped in his tracks. Alissa frowned looking back at him, “Hey, what's wrong?”

“Someone's here.” He walked past her into the house, and she immediately followed after closing the door. They made it to the living room where Bella and — which Alissa presumed — vampire Alice were now standing up from the couch. Paul glared at Alice as the vampire glared right back at him.