☓☓ chapter nineteen ☓☓

[A picture I found on Google at the side. *I do not own the picture*]

☓☓ chapter nineteen ☓☓

Crying really tires one out.

I have no idea how or why, but the both of us somehow managed to cuddle and fall asleep after our hug.

We only woke up when my phone started ringing incessantly.

Jumping up from shock, I answered the call tiredly.

"Hello?" I grumbled, rubbing at my eyes.

"Ashy? Mummy wants you back for dinner." Chase's voice filled the other end of the line, causing my eyes to widen.

Dinner? Exactly how much time has passed since I was out?

"Alright, monkey. I'll be back soon." I assured.

"Okay! I'll tell that to her. I love you!" He replied happily, causing a small smile to light up my face.

"I love you too, monkey. See you later." With that, I hung up.

I heard a light 'aww' coming from beside me and turned around, only to find Sky cooing.

"That's so cute. How I wish I had a sibling too." She sighed, and pinched my cheeks.

I swatted her hand away playfully and blushed.

Yes, I ducking blushed. How hilarious.

"Chase is fine, but Am is purely satan's spawn." I cringed and shook my head.

She chuckled softly and smiled.

That was the first genuine smile that I've seen on her face today.

And to think that I'm the one who caused it, made me smile too.

"Do you like me too?"

My sudden blurt caught the both of us off guard.

My eyes widened with shock, whereas hers widened with amusement.

I'm crazy. What the hell was I thinking?

Way to make things awkward, Asher. Keep it up.

"Maybe?" She teased, grinning cheekily at me.

Or maybe not.

"So since I already know about your 'secret', you wouldn't reject me again if I asked you to be my girlfriend now, right?" I questioned, deciding to play with fire.

"But I'm sick now. I don't want to burden you. Do you understand?"

Burden my sweet ass.

"No, I refuse understand. And you'll never be a burden to anyone, you heard me? In fact, you're my angel sent from above."

Instead of being touched by my sincerity, she quirked an eyebrow, "Did you just quote from the song 'Love Me' by Justin Bieber?"

"Was that your only take away from my entire speech?" I gaped, staring at her incredulously.

"Nope. I just thought it would be fun to tease you." She grinned sheepishly.

"Only you, cupcake. So, about being my girlfriend, what do you think?"

"Asher, I already -"

"Oh wait! Hold on! Do you remember the day you thanked me for saving your head from hitting the ground when you fainted?" I asked excitedly.

She thought for a while before nodding her head .

"Yeah? What about it?"

"Do you also remember the deal we made?"