Chapter 47

Adalyn

The next morning I rolled over into Roman's chest, feeling my body ache from last nights activities. He groggily mumbled something under his breath before he wrapped an arm tightly around me, pulling me into his warmth as I happily accepted it.

I peeked open my eyes and looked out the window to see it was still the early hours of the morning, the sun barely peaking over the horizon as a beautiful orange tint spread across the sky. I looked back and up at Roman as I took in his relaxed face. He was still fast asleep as small deep breaths escaped past his pink lips as he snuggled into my body, his head coming down to nuzzle into my hair.

I pulled back from him as I reached up and gently ran my thumb along the soft skin of his cheek before I moved to his jawline, feeling the prickly stubble beginning to grow back. His face was so content and relaxed, very different from his usual smug smirks and smiles that always adorned his beautiful lips.

I brought my index finger down towards his lip as my finger tip gently brushed his bottom lip, feeling the soft smooth skin underneath my finger. He took a deep breath as his head pushed into my hand, wanting more of my affection and touch. I gently smiled and leaned down, placing my lips softly against his before I pulled back to see him with the softest smile adorned on to his lips.

I sighed and pulled myself away from his warmth, pushing myself out of his arms as my body begged to go back to his. I subconsciously began to rub my round little belly as I walked towards the bathroom, starting up the shower before I turned to the sink and quickly brushed my teeth.

I hopped in the shower and sighed as the warm water immediately enveloped me, relaxing all my sore muscles. I began to wash my hair with shampoo as I heard heavy footsteps make their way into the bathroom. I gently smiled to myself as I closed my eyes and leaned my head back into the flowing water as I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair. The shower door opened and closed, two hands connecting with my hips as I was pulled into a hard chest, my body touching his.

I opened my eyes to see Roman staring down at me softly with a tired expression on his face. I reached up and cupped his jaw as he leaned down, nuzzling his head into my neck as he pulled me impossibly closer to him.

"Why'd you get up baby if you're still tired?" I gently hummed, running my fingers through his hair.

He let out a sigh as he continued to rest his head on my shoulder.

"I can't sleep without you." He mumbled into my skin.

My heart warmed at his words as a soft smile made its way to my lips. I ran one of my hands down his back, gently scratching the muscles as my other hand stayed on top of his head, running through his dark locks. His arms were loosely wrapped around me as he kept me planted against him.

"Well let's wash off and we can go back to bed, okay?" I asked as he gently pulled away, nodding his head as he closed his eyes.

I gently laughed as he turned around and leaned his head back towards me so I could wash his hair. I reached for his hair wash that smelled like mint and cedar and poured a small amount into the palm of my hand before I rubbed it evenly between my hands. I reached up and combed my fingers through his hair before I began to massage the shampoo into his dark roots. He let out soft sighs of pleasure every time my finger nails would gently scrap his scalp.

When his hair was thoroughly washed I guided him back until the water hit his hair which I then promptly washed out all the shampoo. Next I grabbed his body wash and slowly began to wash him, taking my time with each part of his body making sure it was perfectly clean. When I got to his chest and shoulders, I gently began to massage the skin as I allowed him to relax against me, his body finally able to not be so tense.

After a quick rinse underneath the water I turned the faucet off and watched as the water stopped. I stepped towards Roman and reached down, gently grabbing his hand in mine as I led him out of the shower and on to the soft fuzzy bath mat as I grabbed myself and him a towel. Once the towel was secured around my body, I began to dry Roman off with his as he stood there watching me with curious eyes.

He grabbed me by my hips and pulled me closer to him as he bent down and left soft kisses on my collarbone as a way of saying thank you. I cupped his chin and stood on my tip toes as I left a small kiss on his cheek.

"Let's go back to bed now." He grumbled, grabbing my hand and tugging at my towel as it dropped to the floor.

A satisfied smile made its way to his lips when he was able to see my full body and I just playfully rolled my eyes at him as we climbed into bed once again. Roman snuggled into me as I allowed him to lay his head on my chest, my body wrapping around his as I gently combed through his drying hair. He reached down and pulled the comforter over us as we attempted to fall back asleep for an hour or two.

After a while of me gently caressing and massaging him, soft breathes escaped past his lips, telling me that he was fast asleep. I sat there and enjoyed the feeling of his warm body pressed against mine as my heart swelled with pride as I looked at him. He was my mate and we were soon going to start a family.

His hand had subconsciously been placed on to my stomach as I let out a small sigh, his palm almost covering my whole stomach as he protectively held it. I closed my eyes and attempted to sleep but every time I would begin to drift off, this fluttering feeling would occur in my stomach.

I furrowed my eyebrows and gently pulled back the comforter as I examined my stomach, trying to find the cause of this feeling. I sat there for a few minutes and watched and with each passing second I became more frustrated as nothing was happening. Just when I thought I was going crazy, my stomach jumped as a little bulge quickly appeared in it before it disappeared in the same second.

My eyes widened as my hand came down to gently caress my stomach. It happened again, this time staying a few seconds longer than last time before it went back to normal.

"Roman." I murmured, gently shaking him awake as his eyes popped open, looking at me questioningly.

I grabbed on to his large hand and moved it to the spot on my stomach where the bulge kept appearing. When the feeling happened again I watched as his eyes widened in shock as he felt his precious babies kicking.

"We definitely have a little warrior in there." He murmured with a bright smile, shimming his body down mine until he was face to face with my belly.

"Hey little babies." He murmured, looking at my stomach in adoration.

"This is your daddy. You better be good to your momma or else I'll pull you out of there one by one." He said as I snorted.

"Roman I think it's a little too early to start threatening our children while they're in the womb." I said laughing as a wide smile was displayed on my lips.

He looked up at me with a smirk as he gently laughed, his deep voice filling my ears as it sounded like heaven. He left a small kiss on my stomach as my heart swelled with adoration.

"It's never too early to start, especially when it has to do with protecting their momma." He murmured, moving up so that he could gently kiss my lips.