Chapter 49

Adalyn

I stayed holding on to Sasha as small hiccups traveled throughout her body, shaking her against me. Her tears were reduced to small whimpers as she still clung on to me, seeking comfort in my frame.

Our waiter came over as he looked hesitant to place down our meals, but I nodded at him with a soft smile as he placed them in front of us.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruin our lunch." Sasha sighed, sitting up as she gently rubbed at her red and puffy eyes.

"You didn't ruin anything honey, don't worry about it." I smiled, looking at the soup in front of me with a hunger I didn't know I had.

I picked up the spoon and gently took a small bite, moaning as it hit my tongue.

"You were absolutely right about this." I smiled as she gently laughed.

"Here, these crackers make it even better." She hummed, reaching into the small basket at the end of the table as she grabbed a packet of crackers.

We sat there and quietly ate our food, conversing with one another as we moved on from the topic of her past. She asked about mine so I told her about my life inside the walls, up to how I met Roman.

"That's so romantic." She sighed, a small smile adorning her lips.

I nodded my head with a soft smile.

"I was unbelievably lucky to have found him." I said, subconsciously placing my hand on my stomach and caressing my round bump.

"When are you due?" She asked, looking down at my stomach.

"I have a doctors appointment in the next few days, but I'm assuming only about two more months. Roman said that pups take only a few months to be fully grown and ready for birth." I said, thinking back to Roman's words.

"I can't wait to meet them, I bet they'll be so cute." She giggled.

I smiled along with her as I took another bite of the double chocolate chip cookie. I broke it in half and offered Sasha a piece as she happily took it, biting into the gooey goodness.

"You ready?" I hummed, looking at her with a smile.

"Yep, I'll walk you back to the pack house." She smiled, both of us standing up from the booth.

"We're gonna make a few stops before then." I hummed as she looked at me with a questioning stare. I only winked as I began to make my way out of the cafe before I bumped into someone.

"Mia!" I said in surprise as she looked at me with shocked eyes.

"Adalyn! Oh... you're pregnant." She mumbled as her eyes narrowed on my stomach.

I immediately placed a hand on it as a sense of protectiveness washed over me.

"Yeah, have been for a while." I smiled as she looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"Well it was nice seeing you." I said, walking around her as Sasha and I glanced at each other with confused looks.

"That was weird." She mumbled when we finally made it out of the cafe.

I nodded along to her words as I grabbed her hand and began to lead her over to the warrior training course.

"What is his name?" I asked turning towards her.

Her eyes went wide as she shook her head no.

"Adalyn, whatever you're going to do, please don't." She pleaded, looking at me with soft eyes.