You and Michele adopt a child.

You and Michele had been trying to conceive a child for many years. Each pregnancy had the same mournful outcome -miscarriage. Countless of tears were shed, the goal to one day become parents was slowly and painfully fading away due to the heartbreaking miscarriages. Your body couldn't handle a pregnancy and it broke you to pieces. You were disappointed in your own ability as a woman. Ever since you were young you had dreamed about creating a family of your own. The love Michele has for children is difficult to describe with words, it has to be experienced. He is the guest you'll find on the floor building different constellations with Lego or the person who continuously jokes with the kids. Your friends could always count the two of you in when it comes to babysitting. You were aware of the emptiness it created within him due to your inability to stay pregnant. You had even offered to take a step back and allow him to find a woman who could bring him a child to life. He would always sigh and shake his head. He would wrap his strong arms around you, kiss your forehead and whisper "No tesoro. I want you, no matter what life throws at us. I want us." 

Summers always brought an immense sadness, a summertime sadness. Wherever your eyes landed you saw happy mothers holding their infants, cuddling their babies and children playing in the park. You would give anything to be able to feel their happiness. The dream of becoming a mother would possibly stay as it was, a dream - an optimistic dream. Your thoughts were interrupted by Michele's voice. 

"I received a call this morning" he simply said as he took a seat in the chair in front of you. You gently placed the cup of coffee on the table as you waited for him to go on. "My friend Angelo has a request" he added. Angelo is a social worker who also happens to be close friends with Michele. 

"What did he request?" you curiously asked as Michele lit his cigarette. He inhaled the smoke, his eyes were focused on you as he exhaled the smoke. 

"He has an urgent case, a two year old boy. His parents are dead and he has no one. He is placed in some orphanage at the moment" Michele explained as he once again repeated the process of smoking. 

"Poor boy" you mumbled as you gently grabbed the cup of coffee and took a sip. Michele placed your hand in his, his eyes locked with yours.

"How about we adopt him?" Michele blurted out. You squinted your eyes, not able to process the words that slipped out of his mouth. 

"What? Are you out of your mind?" you said, shock was evident on your facial features. Michele squeezed your hand, his eyes were literally shimmering. 

"Let's adopt him. He needs a safe and loving home. He needs two grown up individuals who can teach him the essence of life and the meaning of true love" Michele said as he stood up. You couldn't believe your ears, it couldn't be possible. Were you dreaming? You pinched yourself in order to make sure that you were wide awake. 

"Fuck" you muttered out of pure shock. You stood up from the chair and began walking back and forth in the kitchen. Michele was carefully watching you, waiting for an answer. "Let's do it. This almost feels like a miracle." you added. You didn't allow yourself to get too excited since the fear of losing the opportunity was creeping around your body and soul. Michele tightly wrapped his arms around you and swung you around. 

"We are going to become parents, tesoro. Papá Michele and madre Y/N" 

Three days later you and Michele were on your way to meet your son. None of you knew much about the young boy who was impatiently waiting for your arrival. You had learned that his name was Emilio and you were dying to meet him. You were eager to meet the young little guy who was eventually gonna turn you into a mother. When Michele parked the car you shut your eyes for a second, in order to calm your nerves. You were trying to keep your expectations low but it turned out to be more difficult than you initially thought. 

"What if he hates us?" Michele smiles and shakes his head. 

"I would never force him to go home with us if it doesn't feel right for him Y/N. Try to take it for what it is." 

"You're right. This should be about Emilio, not us. Let's meet him" Michele kisses your knuckles and tugs a piece of hair behind your ear. 

"Remember, we're in this together - as a team. If Emilio chooses us, I would be the happiest man on earth. If he doesn't, I will fully respect it. I'm not going anywhere from you, no matter what happens in there" your lips form into a heartwarming smile as you connect your lips to his.  

"Match made in fucking heaven" Michele smiles brightly as he gives your hand a last squeeze before exiting the car.