He is angry at your son.

Michele had been spending a lot of time working on a new movie which meant that he was barely home. You didn't mind handling the house and Emilio yourself even though Emilio had been challenging you lately.  He was at the age of thirteen. His charm was more alive than ever and also his mischievous behaviour. He was definitely a prankster, the adoration on his face when his pranks succeeded was indescribable. Once in a while, Emilio's teacher would call to inform you about Emilio's pranks. You and Michele would always sit down and explain that he wasn't allowed to prank his classmates, especially not teachers. Michele wanted to enlighten Emilio that his actions could potentially lead to consequences. Emilio would always bow his head in shame and apologise, weeks would pass without any calls from upset teachers. 

The whole day started off in a moody kind of way. Emilio wasn't too fond about waking up early in order to go to school. Since he refused to get out of bed you threatened him that you would throw a glas of ice cold water at him - it resulted in him getting out of bed. You had to drive him to school since he was already late, a few bitter words left his mouth which you warned him about. After lunch you received a call from Emilio's principal, Emilio had engaged himself in a physical fight. The principal wanted you to pick Emilio up from school since he was suspended for a week for his reckless behaviour. You didn't want to bother Michele and potentially stress him while he was working. You decided to wait for Michele to join you regarding the scolding, as soon as you reached destination home Emilio was sent off to his room. 

You were about to serve dinner when you heard the front door open, indicating that Michele was home. As soon as your eyes landed on him you realised he was a tired, hungry and an irritated mess. He gave you a quick peck on the lips before he took a seat. Emilio was already sitting around the table, his attention was on the phone in his hands. Did he deserve to entertain himself with his phone? Definitely not, his phone was going to be taken away as a punishment but first the three of you would have to have a talk. 

"Did you even notice that I'm home?" Michele questioned his son, Emilio barely noticed Michele speaking to him. 

"Nah" Emilio replied, his answer was effortless and plain. Michele shook his head and dug into the served dinner in front of him. You took a seat next to Michele, you were aware of the fact that you had to bring up Emilio's suspension. 

"I received a call from this young man's principal today" you began, you caught Michele's irritated look while adding "he was in a fight". Michele sighed heavily as he was reaching  for Emilio's phone. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" Emilio blurted out. Michele immediately stood up, he lifted his finger as a warning. 

"Don't you dare use that language while speaking to me or your mother" Michele barked. He grabbed the phone and placed it in his pocket. 

"Emilio, you know that violence is not the proper way to solve a situation" you tried to explain. Emilio was mockingly watching you, you shook your head in disapproval. 

"You get into a fight and then you have the audacity to have an attitude and swear. Mio dio" Michele scolded as he pulled a hand through his thick dark hair. Emilio stood up, ready to leave the table but Michele prevented him from doing so by grabbing his arm. 

"Don't you dare" Michele said through gritted teeth as his chocolatey eyes were boring into Emilio's. 

"You can't stop me" Emilio cockily replied, only to piss Michele off. The grip around Emilio's arm was tightened by Michele. 

"Don't try me son" Michele's voice was turning low. Emilio was desperately trying to get out of the grip. 

"Let me go! I hate you, I hate this place" Emilio angrily shouted only to be silenced by Michele's voice. 

"Silenzio!" Michele barked as he placed Emilio on the chair. "I demand respect and you're not going to disrespect me in my own home" Michele angrily added, his nostrils were flaring in anger. 

"Apologise Emilio" you gently said in order to calm the situation. 

"Nah, you disrespected me in my own home" Emilio threw back at Michele who was burning with rage. 

"Get the fuck out of my sight" Michele yelled as he pointed in the direction to Emilio's room. Michele was walking back and forth in the kitchen, he pulled out a package of cigarettes out of his pocket. He lit a cigarette and inhaled the smoke. Emilio slowly walked to his room, realising that his father was very upset with him. 

"He won't see that phone of his for a month, spoiled brat. I need to take some air" Michele angrily said as he left you alone in the kitchen.