__._

"I'll take another soju, please."

Jimin nods at the request, running off to fetch the man his sixth soju in the last hour. It's clear this guy's out to get drunk, to forget about something that's been bothering him. The bubbly giggles of the more happy Radon-goers offer a stark contrast to this man's sour, sulky mood--his eyebags showcasing the lack of sleep he's gotten.

Generally, Jimin doesn't feel too sympathetic for the people who show up to the bar to get hammered, burying their grievances in a surplus of alcohol. Although Jimin received the avoider category in the Perilation and drinks whenever he gets sad, he can't let the softer side of him feel bad for these people. Otherwise he'll tamper in their problems and find himself exhausted.

In the past he always used to be there for the outcasts--for the people who needed a little company. Jimin used to just sit and listen to all his high school friends' girl problems, home lives, and sports careers with an open heart, sometimes offering advice. He enjoyed doing so, and if anything, he was good at it. Listening was like second nature to him. That's why a communications major seemed like such a great fit.

Until his friends started to rely on him. To boss him around. To step all over him like a doormat--because he was willing to help them. For a while, he allowed himself this treatment, since he felt like catering to other people was better than doing nothing. It was better than isolating himself, knowing that if he told his inner circle of friends about his sexuality that they would abandon him. And then, to top it off, his closest friend...the one that just so happened to be female...

"Here you are, Jinyoung." Jimin sets the glass of iced soju in front of Jinyoung's bowed head.

Something about Jinyoung's droopy lips and faded aura makes Jimin break into his sympathetic mode, no matter how hard he tries to push it away. Jinyoung is a nice enough guy, and although Jimin doesn't think they're meant to be more than friends, he wants to be there for him. "This one's on the house. Okay?"

A weak smile touches Jinyoung's lips before the soju glass can. "Thanks...Jimin...you're alwaysss so sweet."

The slur in his buzzed mouth is evident, making Jimin's heart twinge. This is the first time Jinyoung has showed his face at Radon ever since Jimin told him he needed a break. And it's a more abnormal sight than usual--Jinyoung's alcohol flushed cheeks aren't raised in their normal business pep, but downcast, like a low storm cloud in a neon-lit sky.

"Hey, um..." Jimin leans across the cold bar, his forearms breaking into goosebumps at the icy contact. The bar is nervously active tonight--whoops and hollers fill the humid spring air as more drinks are downed. Jimin figures the increase in customers is due to the exam/graduation season.

According to Yeonjun, who's been working at Radon for a little over a year now, the end of May and beginning of June are hectic to all hell. Youngsters flood in jubilantly, glad to spend their kick-off to summer break in a tightly packed, hip bar.

"I know it's late, but do you want to stay until after my shift is done?" Jimin checks the clock. He's off early tonight, since he closed last night. "I'm done at one tonight. Then um, maybe we could talk?"

Jinyoung slowly lifts his head. The remaining soju disappears into his mouth in one fast swig. "Mmmm...I'd like that...vverry much."

You should stop drinking there, buddy. Jimin wants to say--it's clear Jinyoung is a sad drunk (unlike Jimin) but with only 30 minutes left of his shift he decides to keep his mouth shut. Jinyoung seems to carry himself well despite the sojus he's inhaled--he must be a heavyweight (again, unlike Jimin).

"Great. I gotta go tend to that guy over there, clean up a few things, and by the time you know it, I'll be done!" Jimin tries to sound positive. Jinyoung merely nods at the words, spinning the condensation on the glass around in tiny circles. He looks crushed.