Oh Look, The Mourners Have Arrived

"HELLO? HELLO! FUCK, PLEASE ANSWER!! COME ON COME ON COME ON!"

Jimin paces outside of the building, the eerie glow of Radon's fuchsia neon sign a disheartening warning. His hands thread through his hair, pulling, yanking. His stomach turns in distress, threatening to release the contents of his stomach onto the parking lot. In his hand the phone rings...rings...rings...

But no one is picking up.

"PLEASE FUCKING PICK UP!!" 

The phone goes to voicemail. 

"FUCKITY FUCK FUCK FUCK!!" Jimin calls the number again. As he waits, he can't bear to stare down at the contact picture he has saved for his boyfriend's profile. It's the picture of Jungkook smiling with Skittle juice smeared across his face from their kissing--his eyes glittering with mischievous joy as he poses for the camera. It hurts too much to look at Jungkook all happy now. It's almost mocking the dire situation.

'The boy can't push me if he can't even stand up!' Gyuri's last minute comment rings in his head like a tornado siren, beckoning him to hide. To get away from her, to bring Jungkook with him into safety. As fast as possible.

"Answer your phone, Jungkook!!" Jimin pleads the electronic device in his palm. But no one answers the second time around either. His legs start to feel wobbly, mind racing to come up with ways to explain Jungkook not answering him. On demand, the fake Pluto97 jumps into his mental limelight, speaking to his inner conscience.

'It's 2 AM, Melonboy...of course I wouldn't be awake! I'm sleeping soundly, dreaming of all things you, Park Jimin. Of course I wouldn't know that I'm in danger because of a crazed maniac...you never told me, Jimin. Why didn't you tell me? Oh, and...wait, who's knocking at the hotel door at this time of night?'

Jimin whines, panic forcing him to crumple against the building. He speedily dials Eunmi, hoping that Jungkook's mother might have her ringer on. People exiting Radon spare him cursory glances, too focused on walking in a straight line to attend to his hyperventilating. Please pick up, Eunmi. Please tell me he's safe...please tell me-

"Hello?" 

Eunmi's voice is groggy, confused. Jimin nearly screams into the receiver.

"EUNMI?! EUNMI, IS JUNGKOOK OKAY??"

A small gasp on the other end. Jimin rakes his fingernails against his neck, a nervous habit that will leave marks tomorrow. But he can't care about that now. He can't afford to mess this communication up. He just has to make sure Jungkook remains safe...to make sure that his boy is okay. 

"Jimin, are you alright?" Eunmi's soft voice holds gentle surprise and hundreds of questions. "Jungkook is fine. He's asleep right now in the other room. What's wrong?"

Jimin sighs, his heart rate slowing down just a bit. Jungkook is okay...he's in his hotel room sleeping. Thank fucking GOD.

"Eunmi, I don't have much time to explain...but you and Jungkook might be in danger. The same bad, bad people who are after Junghyun might also be after you because of your connection to him. Please, please lock your hotel door, put furniture in front of it, don't answer the door for anyone. Even if it's room service. At least until I get there. I'm coming over after my shift ends to explain the threat in more detail."

Eunmi makes small shocked noises at these warnings, but agrees to them nevertheless. "Sh-should I...call the police? Should I try to contact Junghyun? He's staying in this hotel too, on the upper floor. He might need to know."

Jimin shakes his head vehemently, even though she can't see it. "Don't try to see him. If you need to contact him, only text him. Don't mention my name though...they might be watching your texts."