Chapter 1 ~ The Birthday Vacation

A R I E L L A' S  P. O. V.

Life is boring...

Like seriously, I have been lazying around and it's not even a Sunday!

It's a Wednesday afternoon and I am currently in the sitting room watching Jurassic World 2 after I have finished the first one. I have watched this movie so many times and I still don't get bored with it.

"Seriously, why the hell would you invent a new dinosaur? Clearly, that Indoraptor is dangerous. I swear they're all going to die" I mutter.

"The Indoraptor looks awesome" Owen replies back, looking at the TV as if he is ready to jump inside in action.

"You should be more like Owen Grady, at least he knows that the Indoraptor is too dangerous to even stay in that cage" I mock, smirking.

"This Owen" He points at himself. "Is the better Owen" He smirks, making me roll my eyes.

Owen and I have been dating for 2 months now. I met him a couple of months ago when he came back from a pack business.

Kiara and I found the Dark Moon Pack which was 2 hours away from the apartment we were staying at for two years. I still remember dad telling me not to trust anyone but Alpha Daniel. Recently Alpha Daniel gave his Alpha position to his eldest son, Alpha Nathaniel who is also my sister's boyfriend. She told me they have been dating for 4 months now. I have seen him from afar when we had to attend a pack meeting three months ago. He had every girl's dream looks.

When Kiara and I moved to this pack, Alpha Daniel gave us a house. This house was the same one where our parents used to stay when they had to do some Alpha meetings. Alpha daniel and Luna Jasmine has always been so kind to us. I found out they were great friends with my parents.

I met Owen when I was doing some training. He came in when I was trying to aim a knife at the target. When he came in, I nearly stabbed him because I thought it was a threat. Luckily he had quick reflex and dodged the knife on time. If I killed the Beta that day, I would have been brutally killed by the Alpha himself.

I guess Owen and I kept seeing each other when I had training. No one has seen me in my wolf form beside Kiara of course. My dad told me that I am special and so is Kiara. Everyone has a normal light or dark brown wolf. Alpha's have Black and Luna's have white showing that they're powerful.

My wolf is white. I have a bit of gold at the end of my tail and in my four paws. My eyes are also bright gold and have a thin white ring around my eyes. Kiara wolf is also the same as mine.

I may be 17 right now, nearly 18 in 6 months, but some people still give respect to me and Kiara. Even humans feel the power radiating off us. My mum said that as time goes by, we will get to know our powers. They will come when the time is right.

Who knows when that is.

I still haven't introduced Owen to Kiara because we never got the chance to. I mean every time I try to introduce Owen, Kiara always had her days occupied and when she wants to meet him, I'm always doing something.

I guess Kiara will meet him one day since Owen is the Beta of this pack.

Sometimes I wonder who my mate is. Is he with someone? Has he saved himself for me? Is he dead?

The last thought made me cringe.

Owen is 20 and mateless. It's been two years and he hasn't found her yet. I, on the other hand, haven't turned 18. When I do, I might mind my mate.

I don't know what will happen if I find my mate. This thought made me frown.

"Hey, you okay?" Owen asks in concern. He must have seen my frown.