Chapter 8 ~ The Mate Reveal

A R I E L L A' S P. O. V.

In front of me was my Sister and my 'boyfriend', making out.

I blink a couple of times to see if I was dreaming but I wasn't. To be honest, I don't know what to feel.

I mean in a way I was happy that I can now easily say that Nathan is my mate so that Kiara wouldn't get upset because she is literally making out Owen. But I was a little bit upset that they didn't tell me about this. Even though Owen is not my mate, it's still kind of cheating because we didn't break up. I didn't even let Nathan get close to me because I didn't want to hurt Owen or Kiara.

Are they just hooking up or have they been seeing each other behind my back for a long time? Are they mates?

Nathan squeezes my hand lightly and lets go of my hands. He clears his throat, getting their attention. Kiara almost looks at me in regret and Owen's facial expression is unreadable.

"Ariella, I can explain," She says as her eyes get teary.

I know Owen is not my mate, but that doesn't mean I didn't like him. Sure it wasn't love but that doesn't mean you can cheat.

"Owen, what is going on?" Nathan speaks up.

"I was going to tell you both, I swear" Owen speaks up. His voice was full of regret.

"That you have been seeing Kiara behind my back? Kiara, if you didn't like me you could've just said so. Why would you guys do that?" He says angrily. I understand Nathan's anger because Kiara was his girlfriend. Yes, Nathan wanted me but he didn't do anything that counts as cheating. Being an Alpha means it is hard to keep away from their mate and he still didn't do anything.

"O-Owen is my m-mate" I was shocked when she said that. I mean I kind of had a clue but her confirming it just shook me.

My mate is my sister's boyfriend and my boyfriend is my sister's mate. How complicated can this be?

"How long did you know?" I start.

"How long have you known Owen is your mate?" I add on. Kiara looks down, looking guilty.

"Just over 3 months," She says softly.

"3 months?" My eyes widen. Does that mean that Owen used to kiss me even though he knew Kiara was his mate?

That thought disgusts me.

"Owen, why didn't you just tell me instead of acting as if you liked me?" I say as a tear runs down my cheeks.

"Ariella, what can I do? Kiara wanted to tell you but she was afraid to hurt you. She didn't want to ruin your sister bond. I did like you but having a mate means you are bound to be with them. I wanted to tell you before, trust me. But it's not as easy as it looks" He starts.

"Owen, we promised each other that if we find our mates, we will tell each other so nothing gets complicated. In fact, I came over here to tell you both that I have found my mate too" I start closing my eyes and take a deep breath.

I open my eyes and see both of them looking shocked. I guess I can't be too angry at them because I sort of did the same by not telling them.

"I found out on my birthday but it was too complicated to tell you both because I was also scared to lose my sister and Owen" Owen is still my good friend and I care about him because he was always there for me.

"Y-you have found your mate?" Kiara stutters.

"Y-yes," I say, looking at Nathan.

"W-who?" Owen asks.