The Mothership

The figure in the doorway was humanoid in appearance; tall and slender with long arms and legs, with soft curves at the hips and chest. A female, Elizabeth realized. She possessed very long, dark blue hair that was arranged in, what appeared to be, elaborate braids and gathered at the nape of her neck. Her skin, similar to her hair was a very pale shade of blue and was dotted with white spots that looked almost like freckles, concentrated in the center of her face, across the bridge of her nose. Her eyes were larger than a human's, but more slanted and her irises had an icy silver color, with small pupils. These silver eyes roamed over her body until they settled on Elizabeth's golden ones.

They had both been taking in the others' appearance. Even by human standards, the creature standing in front of Elizabeth was oddly beautiful, she thought. A million other thoughts and questions raced through Elizabeth's mind, but still, she remained calm and collected. Fight of flight? She asked herself for a second. Negative. She felt frozen on the bed as she stared at the creature in front of her.

Her heart was once again beating out of her chest as the alien walked closer, clutching a syringe in her gloved hand and stopped 2 feet away from where she sat. She tilted her head to one side and gave Elizabeth another quick glance over, then tilted her head to the other side. Elizabeth could tell that the alien had expected a different reaction from her; perhaps the other victims had screamed and fought and that was why she brought the syringe with her. Either way, she seemed just as frozen and confused as Elizabeth.

Still clutching the syringe, the alien spoke in a thick foreign accent, "I am called Zy'ra. I come from the planet Zulu and my people are the Azuli race." The alien paused after her introduction, seeming unsure of what to do next. Elizabeth decided to reply and introduce herself, she followed the same sentence pattern the alien had used, "I am Elizabeth Crane. I'm from Earth and my people are called humans." She spoke quietly, almost whispering, but the alien nodded her head and smiled a close lipped smile.

This brought Elizabeth's attention back to her face and she took in more of the details. Her lips were small, but pouty and she had a very narrow, straight nose with a bridge that was wider at the top, causing her eyes to be set wide apart. She had very long, thick blue eyelashes darker than her hair. Elizabeth could not believe she was face to face with an alien being. She had always been a believer, but never expected to meet one or even come this close to one. Her initial fear was replaced by fascination as she gazed into the alien's icy irises once more.

"Welcome on board, Ms. Crane. I know you must feel some confusion about your current situation, but please believe us when we say we do not wish to harm you," the alien said. Elizabeth was not too keen on believing this statement, especially as she eyed the needle in her hand, wondering if she might be able to snatch it away from her. The alien was taller than she, but slim in her build and she did not look very muscular either. Perhaps if she was quick...

"You have been especially selected among all the women on Earth to participate in an interspecies breeding program," the alien continued, speaking in her thick accent. She said each word with some hesitation. Elizabeth paused for a moment and let what she said sink in. Her fascination with the creature melted away as she locked eyes with the alien, a sudden burst of fury coursing through her veins. "What the fuck did you just say?! What the hell gives you the right to kidnap us from our home and force us to breed? If my people knew this was happening, there would be hell to pay! You don't know humans. You fucked with the wrong species!" She stood up and got right in the alien's face as she said this.

She expected her to jab her with the syringe, but instead the alien took a step back and put one hand up to Elizabeth's chest. "Please! You don't understand! We are certainly a peaceful people. We would never try to go to war with Earth. In fact, we asked for permission from your leaders," the alien tried to justify.