The Cullens Part 1

Hello- Thoughts & Emotions

"Hello"- Edward hearing thoughts

*********************************

Once Orion walked into the Biology room, he froze. The gorgeous bronze haired vampire was the one that his magic was reacting to. He slightly shook his head and walked to him. When he was settled in his seat, he turned to the vampire.

"Hello. I'm Orion," he said shyly. The affection he was feeling from the vampire was making him blush. Oh Merlin. Why is my magic reaching out to him? I've heard of it reacting, but not reaching out. Can he feel it? Wait.... he tried to think back to his DADA classes and his eyes widened when he remembered Professor Lupin talking about it. I'm his mate he thought.

Shock. Fear. Hope. "Can you hear what I'm thinking?" Orion asked quietly. His grey eyes widened even more when the vampire nodded.

"Yes, I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. It's not a gift I can control," Edward rushed. He's worried that Orion won't give him a chance because his ability is privacy invading. Before Orion could respond, Edward gripped his desk and stiffened in his seat. He let out a low growl when the appetizing scent grew closer.

Orion knew that the girl that just walked in was making Edward react like this. "Is that your singer?" he asked in his head so that he won't be heard.

Edward gave him a jerky nod, not trusting himself to speak. Orion didn't know how to help, but he scooted his chair closer to his mate and grabbed the hand that was gripping the desk. "It's okay. Focus on my voice and my scent," Orion said soothingly.

Trying to distract the vampire he asked, "You know, I don't think it's fair that you know my name and I don't know yours. Care to share love?"

Relaxing a little, Edward let himself soak into his mate's scent and answered. "Edward Cullen," he said gruffly.  

Orion smiled and squeezed his hand. "Edward," he tested. Adoration. "Your ability doesn't bother me Edward. My own ability is invading. I'm guessing you already know."

Edward was fully relaxed at this point. His mate's scent and voice were helping him. That girl's scent wasn't anywhere on his radar. "Your ability doesn't bother me either,' he said as he leaned towards his mate. 'My brother is also an empath. He can help you."

Orion was beaming at Edward. "Really? Do you think he would? I've been having so much trouble with it and I've only had it for a little over a year. It's gotten better since my 18th birthday but it's still terrible and -" Orion was cut off at feeling Edward's emotions. Amusement. Happiness. It was so strong and he realized that he wasn't feeling anyone else's emotions besides his. Orion thought this was weird. Even when he focuses on one person, he can still feel other people's emotions. It's just muted. He figures that it's because he's Edward's mate.

Edward let out a little laugh. "I'm sure he will. How about you come over later tonight? I'm sure my mom and dad will love to meet you."

"I would love that. Is it okay if I bring my dad?" Orion asked.

Edward instantly said, "Of course."

Orion looked at Edward adoringly. "Great!" Before they can talk anymore, the bell rang. The teacher came in and took attendance. Edward's singer's name is Bella Swan. The rest of the class was long for Orion. He was trying to pay attention but he was lost will all the words and references the teacher was spouting. Not only that, but he was distracted by Edward, who kept rubbing his thumb along his hand. Edward's desire and his were almost getting to be too much and he didn't know what to do. Before Orion could do something stupid, the bell rang. He let out a sigh and relief and began packing up his stuff. Hearing Edward chuckle, he turned red. He momentarily forgot he could read his mind. I just met him and I'm already embarrassing myself he thought.