The Cullens Part 2

Hello- Thoughts and Emotions

"Hello"- Edward hearing thoughts

...........................

Orion was squirming in his seat. He was just so excited to see Edward that he couldn't stay still. Excitement. Anxiety. Orion could feel Edward and it was getting addicting. He normally has a lot of trouble with his empathy and wished he could get rid of it, but not now. Feeling his soulmate in his chest is something he wouldn't trade the world for. He thanked magic for blessing him with a soulmate. Someone that could ground him and make him feel safe. Orion was tired of making everyone else feel safe and he just wanted the comfort for himself. This was his chance. His chance at a new beginning.

Coming out of his revelation, he saw that his dad had pulled into the driveway of the Cullens. Orion admired the well-built and beautiful house. It was painted a soft white and was 3 stories tall. He could see that the porch wrapped around the first floor and was hit with a sense of comfort. He knew that whoever built this house was gifted.

"Ready pup?" his dad smiled.

Orion rolled his eyes. "Dad, you know they could hear us, right?"

His dad just smiled. "Of course. I'm just making sure my only son is alright."

"Let's just go dad," Orion said. He could already feel the faint blush in his cheeks. "Edward, please don't judge me by my father."

Amusement. Joy. Orion and his dad walked to the door and before they could knock, a graceful woman opened the door. She had brown hair with caramel highlights and was about 5'6. From the amount of love and care she has in her, Orion could tell that that was her gift. He's never felt such a motherly presence before, even with Molly. It was very welcoming. 

"Hello, I'm Esme. Edward and Alice have told us about you." Esme smiled. "Why didn't you tell me about your mother's gift?"

He felt confusion coming from him, but replied to Esme. "This is my dad, Sirius. Your home is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for welcoming us."

The love Esme was projecting got stronger. Orion inhaled sharply and let out a shaky breath. "Are you alright?" Esme asked. Orion could feel the concern coming off of her in waves and it just made him stare at her wide eyed.

Edward came up from behind his mother and cupped Orion's cheeks. "Ry! Are you okay?"

Orion snapped out of it and looked into his mate's eyes. Reaching up to put a hand on his cheek, he responded. "I'm fine. Why didn't you tell me about your mother's gift? It would've been a good thing to tell me."

His dad came from behind him. What do you mean pup? What happened?"

Orion pushed past Edward and his dad and went to Esme. "I've never felt anything like it before. I don't know what it is exactly, but your gift is amazing."

Everyone stared at him. But Jasper was frustrated. "What are you talking about Orion? Your emotions are all over the place."

Esme grabbed Orion by his hand and that snapped him out of the haze he was in. "Wow. If that's what I feel every time I'm around her, I should come here a lot."

"I don't have a gift dear. Only Alice, Jasper, and Edward have one." Esme smiled.

Orion frowned. "Of course, you do. All of you do. Jasper should be able to feel it since he is also an empath." 

"Feel what?" Jasper nearly shouted.

Sirius held his wand threatening in his hand. "I would appreciate if you didn't shout at my son. Especially if it isn't his fault."