19

"Did I ev..ever tell you I ha..hated when you called me that Ivan". She said as she stared at him with a small smile on her face.

"Ah, how I've missed you" he said as he moved further into the room. Dimitri got up from in front of her to stand behind the chair and Ivan took his place. Clarence threw him a stink eye as he said that, obviously still annoyed at the special treatment Ivan had given her.

"St..still jealous of, of me I see Clarence" she stated. Ivan glanced at him then back at her. Studying her, the same way Dimitri had done when he had seen her.

"Tell me Alyssa, what have you done with yourself since I last saw you" he stated in a conversational voice. "Because, it must have been worthwhile, so grand that you will betray me and leave like you did. So you just have to tell me"

"You make it ss.ssound like I actually had a, a choice Ivan. I di..didn't leave, I esca...escaped the prison you kept me in all my life" she breathed heavily. She hoped the taskforce was in place because she couldn't take anymore of this.

"So ungrateful" taunted Clarence. He still maintained his position from near the door as he threw her a scathing look.

"No" she sighed and looked straight at Ivan. "I am grate...ful. I am grateful to you for not ki..killing me, or selling me off to be..become a sex toy. I am grateful to you for helping me become str...stronger and faster even though it hu...rt like a bitch. I am grateful.

It's just, I wouldn't ha...ve needed to feel grateful for any...anything if you had left me with my parents in the first motherfucking place".

"I understand your woes" Ivan began, "but look at us now, back to where we started. You are back her, once again a captive, although this time, I think, I think we'll just do with you what we wanted to do originally in the first place" he finished as he turned to Clarence.

Clarence shared the look and smirked at her as if the thought they both had was something that gave him immense pleasure.

"And what exactly is that" she asked as she released a breath.

"Why pet, sell you of course" he said chuckling.

She didn't know if it was what he said or the idea, or the actual image of her being sold that made her laugh but she started laughing. She laughed out loud, hysterically, confusing all three men in the room and they stared at her like she was crazy.

She could hear a scuffle outside the house as she laughed and that made her only laugh harder. Feet running through the, bodies falling down as more feet's approached, coming closer to the house.

"Do I look like I can be sold to anyone Ivan" she said after coming down from her laugh mania. They were close now, she could feel it. "News flash" she whispered, causing them to lean in slightly so they could hear her, "I've outgrown you"

The doors and windows burst open as agents poured in and chaos ensued. She somehow found herself on her back as the chair she was strapped to was knocked over. Guards, she didn't see also came out and joined in the fight as someone righted her chair.

She looked to see that it was Adam. He was freeing her from the bindings and at the same time, checking her over and her heart warmed a bit.

"What are you doing here"? She yelled over the sound of fighting after she was free.

"Rescuing you"he answered with a grin and handed her a gun, "what did it look like"?

Shaking her head at him, she checked her weapon and positioned herself and him behind a table. "Don't get killed" she told him as she aimed.