Kakashi and Sakura ─ Inside Out

─────────────────

A quiet yet audible groan slipped from Shizune's lips. Little sounds came from the room that she was in, but they weren't loud enough for her to completely understand what was going on. She turned her head to her right side and her eyes widened─ she had a headache, but that didn't matter to her the moment she understood what was going on.

"Is' okay..." Sakura leisurely whispered.

Her hand was firmly placed on Kakashi's shoulder, but her back was turned to the medic as she faced the man. In front of Sakura was Kakashi who was drenched in sweat while he breathed uneasily─ she could tell that much from the pale moonlight that glimmered into the dark room. 

"Is' okay, Kakashi-san," she continued. "Issa' dream only."

The medic's eyes widened to the pinkette's words, but it was at that moment where she realized where she currently resided herself. Recalling how or why she was here was hard, but she was sure that this was Kakashi's home and that she was currently laying on his bed as himself and Sakura were on the floor. 

Feeling ashamed for all the possible things she could have done to him while tipsy, she bit her bottom lip in agony.

"Thank you, Sakura." Kakashi breathed out.

"I'll get you lots a' water."

Sakura stepped up from her 'bed' that she'd prepared on the floor with just a few blankets below her as a kind of cushion and a separate blanket and pillow as her normal sleeping materials before walking away─ until her eyes met with Shizune's. Sakura's troubled yet gentle gaze shifted to a somewhat grateful one once their eyes met.

"You're awake too?"

Shizune nodded and slowly sat up from her bed.

Kakashi's sole eye was left wide at the cognizance of his current situation─ or actually, their current situation. The youngest flickered her green eyes from one adult to the other before heading out the room to do as she mentioned. 

The ravenette pushed her two legs closer together. "Kakashi."

He traveled his stare back down and ran his fingers through his silver locks. She silently stared at him for a bit before bringing herself to do the same. Silence was the only thing to be found in their current climate, of course. 

Sakura ran back into the room with two canisters of fresh water in her hands, walking over to the woman first and offering her one with a little smile. The woman took it with a faded smile and watched her kneel down to the mask man, stare at him much gentler than she did with her, and place the glass into his grasp to force him to take it.

She turned her head to the side to give him privacy when taking his mask off, but Shizune kept looking. It was odd, since Kakashi turned his head as well, but in a sense where Sakura could still see his bare face but she was the one who couldn't.. 

"Need more?"

He shook his head and placed the canister to his side, finally turning his head so that he was fully facing the little girl while pulling his back up. Shizune watched as he offered her a weak eye smile in reciprocation, which she returned the gesture shortly after. 

"Goodnigh', Kakashi-san." she plopped herself right beside him and tucked herself back into her bedding. She spoke diligently with him, to not frighten the already fear-filled man. 

"'Night." he returned as he brought his eye back to only see Shizune staring at him. 

After a few seconds of staring, he began to lay down as well without biding her a goodnight sleep. He closed his eye and tried his best to drift off into a peaceful slumber, yet the woman still sat up─ confused and blank faced.