The Stem to Her Flower

A/N:
 Eid Mubarak to any of my readers who celebrated it! (I know it was a couple days ago, but still trying to congratulate you all lol)

Sorry for being a day late~ I hope the content of this chapter makes up for it☺☻☺

────────────────────

For the rest of the walk to the T&I building, a very uncomfortable ambiance accompanied the group as Anko glared towards the Uchiha, and as the latter tried his best to not react to the former's actions. Hidan and Deidara occasionally whispered a few comments to each other─ which left Sakura and Kakashi to walk side by side in silence. She glanced up at him to see that he still held his lazy posture and gaze with him. 

She pondered as to why he seemed so different, but still the same. Kakashi was the same monotonous guy he was when she was with him, and yet, there was something that seemed different. There was something she wasn't grasping onto, but she had to find out what it was. 

As she stared at him from the side, her head started turning in circles. Emerald eyes flickered away from the masked man, bringing one hand to her pink locks and gently clutching onto them. She didn't notice this due to how light headed she felt, but there was a certain gaze that peered down to her confusingly

"What is it?" He entreated.

The pink haired youngling slowly grazed her fingers down her locks and dropped her hand to her side. 

She didn't want Kakashi to worry about something that couldn't be helped.

"Nothing."

He didn't believe her, not even for a second.  Why did she hide her problems despite everything she had gone through─ he didn't understand why she was the way she was. 

He still couldn't understand her to this day.

"We're here, finally!" Anko exasperated. 

The group went inside and the first thing they saw was Ibiki speaking with the receptionist. The purple haired women smirked as she bounced her feet towards her secret lover.

"Yo!"

"Did they come in or not?" He questioned, sighing when the receptionist seemed to be getting more useless by the day. "I need to give them to Sandaime-sama as soon as possible, so if you could just─"

She frowned. "Not even a 'hi'? Seriously?" she groaned. "I knew you were rude, but not this rude."

"I knew you were annoying, but not this annoying. Actually, no I knew that you were this annoying." 

Anko would have retaliated, but that was until she began to analyze his words through the lines. A mischievous grin crawled to her lips while she crossed her arms and tapped her index finger against her arm.

"So you're saying that you knew I was annoying but you still─"

"─ Shut the hell up, Anko."

She chuckled for a second but then her gaze became serious, causing her to regain her composure.

"Inoichi, we need to see him. Although I think there's someone you want to see right now."

He finally tore his gaze away from his papers, turning his head to his lover then trailing it to the strange bundle of Shinobi behind her. 

It wasn't until he moved his head to the side, where he saw a child the size of his pinky standing quietly. A girl with bright pink hair and delicate green eyes. Ibiki narrowed his brows together as he silently stared down to the young girl. He noticed the way her limbs tensed but also how her expression lightened.