His Monologue

────────────────────

"Well, I didn't expect for this to happen."

"Me neither."

A trio awkwardly resided in a T&I office with an unpleasant ambiance accompanying them. Inoichi sighed and gestured for the newly arrived duo to take their seats in front of his desk. 

"I guess we can begin. Itachi, Kakashi, take your seats." The silver haired man didn't hesitate to sit down but for a few moments, the raven did. Inoichi noticed this right away and proffered a welcoming smile. "Don't worry you can stay, I don't have a problem with that at all."

"Thank you, Inoichi-san."

Sakura was sound asleep and Kakashi felt that today should be the day where he finally paid Inoichi a visit in her regard. It's been 6 long days since she's been back, and it was about time he finally took action. She didn't deserve her fate and there were things he didn't have answers to, but was sure of the fact that someone else did. That being, Inoichi. He slipped on his bloodstained Anbu gear and peered down to the sleeping pinkette who resided on his bed. 

She seemed so delicate and fragile─ with just a single push, she seemed like she would crumble. Even when she was so strong at heart, she was still weak; he could tell that much about her. After a few moments of staring at her, he quietly left his bedroom and left the door slightly opened so that when she woke up without him in the room, she wouldn't feel too frightened. 

He trudged to his kitchen and chose to not eat anything just yet, the least he could do was return in time to eat with her. He didn't really have much else to do, and so before he would leave he ought to check on the 4 newcomers that resided across his living room. The moment he did, he internally face palmed himself.

Half of Deidara's body wasn't even on the couch, Hidan was laid out on the floor with his arms and legs stretched out like a butterfly, Sasori seemed to be sleeping in a generally normal position but there was no sign of Itachi. 

"Kakashi."

He turned around to be introduced to a newly awoken raven. His long hair that'd usually been tied into a pony tail rested over his shoulders. 

"It's early, you should go back to sleep." he rejoined, making his way past the raven and towards the door without sparing another glance. 

"Where are you going?"

"To Inoichi, why?"

There was no point in lying, he knew that─ but there was a point in being vague about it. Ever since Sakura had come back with the former Akatsuki members, he noticed that there was something different about the relationship Sakura had with Itachi. To him, he wouldn't say that they were too close before she was taken away. Although now that she's returned and along his side─ he noticed something very different. 

They were close, probably closer than what he'd taken them for and that only sparked a bit of curiosity to rise.

"If this is for Sakura, may I join?"

"Why?"

"Because I care about her just as much as you do. If this is about her well being, I want to be involved as well."

"Why do you care about her so much?"

Silence. 

"Because she's a part of my life, just like how she's part of yours."