From Me to You

────────────────────

Sakura munched on some dumplings with Shizune as Tsunade and Jiraiya stood outside the shop. The large chested lady sighed and her arms were crossed, like usual.

"Three days." the man remarked.

"I'm surprised she hasn't questioned his whereabouts." Tsunade returned.

"It's probably because she knows there's nothing that any of us can do about it. Tsuna... you know her better than I do. She's a smart little one."

She eyed Jiraiya oddly. "It's been awhile since you've called me that name, you know."

Jiraiya smiled inwardly and looked into her hazel eyes for a moment before awkwardly looking away. 

"What can I say? I mean, is there a reason why I can't call you that?"

She shook her head. "No, it's just been awhile."

He chuckled. "Well, Tsuna, let's head out for some drinks tonight."

Tsunade shook her head which made Jiraiya's eyes go wide─ that was the very first time she'd ever said no to alcohol.

"Not while Sakura is under my watch."

Jiraiya burst out into laughter. "I never knew you were that devoted to this."

Without reciprocating the laughter, Tsunade looked down to her feet. "It's the least I can do for her."

Jiraiya smiled as he stared at Tsunade. He's loved her since they were in the academy, he's loved her for more years than he can count. Though, he knew she would never look at him the way he does for her, he was still glad that their Tsuna was as strong as ever. Even if he was a hopeless love, he was glad that she was in his life─ and just seeing her take care of the young pinkette, went to show that she was the same person he fell in love with back then, and is still in love with to this day. 

Without wanting to bother his best friend, he walked over to the pinkette and placed his large hands onto her tiny, little shoulders. "Want to visit the park?"

Sakura would have said yes, but suddenly Tsunade interrupted with a small scroll in her hand. He stared at her oddly, removing his hands from Sakura's shoulders.

Hazel eyes met emerald ones. "Kakashi is back."

Shizune and Sakura's eyes widened.

"They're currently in the Hokage tower, we can head over there if you want to, Sakura?"

Without hesitating, the pinkette hopped off her stool and the four of them quickly made their way to the said destination. A gentle smile stuck to her lips while Shizune had a somewhat worried expression. 

Kakashi had finally returned from his 3 day mission from Suna and Sakura couldn't be more happy than to finally see him. Shizune on the other hand, her stomach lingered butterflies. This ought to be her first time confronting him since that one morning. 

Sakura walked ahead of the rest, catching the attention of the three adults. 

"Is this really Kakashi's doing?" Jiraiya entreated. 

"What do you mean?" Tsunade questioned. 

"Can you believe he's gotten Sakura to be so attached to him?"

Tsunade eyed the pinkette before sighing. "It's what she does. She gets attached," A sense of familiarity touch her soul. "She gets attached because she's simply a child."