Chapter 20

The sun was starting to set and the sky was turning orange. Excel didn't realize but he dozed of while Eva and Emma had been playing. He opened his eyes to see Eva and Emma looking at him.

"Are you done playing?" asked Excel
"Yes" said both of them.
"Then let's go"

Excel stood up and started walking but Eva and Emma weren't.

" Don't you want to go?"
" We want to hold brother Excel's hand"
" I see"

' Man they are so freaking cute'

Excel raises his hands while both of them holder his. In real life Avav had no siblings. He felt alone but now everything is different in Dunvir. He has a wife, Pagos and now Eva and Emma as his little sisters.

' Not Laxus. That bastard' thought Excel

It was night. All the houses in the village were dark without any lighting except the one Excel lived in.

He saw Laxus sitting in front of fire just in front of the house. On top of the fire was a pot with some type of soup in it. The fire was surrounded by 4 chairs.

" You are making dinner?"
" Yes. Eva and Emma go take bath"
" Ok. Father " said both of them together

They both left Excel's hands and went inside.

" They call you father. Who are they?"
" Both of them were originally humans"
" Humans!"
" Yes. They are victim of the war. We were late. We couldn't save their family. Their whole village was burned."

" Then how are they alive for 400 years"
" To keep them alive I had to give 25% of my life force to them but still it was not enough. I also had to transfuse my dragon blood in them."

" But. Why aren't they old ?"
" Both of them were in coma for the past 400 years. They just woke up 3 years ago. It was really hard for me to make them understand that their parents were dead"
" Oh"

Laxus with a spatula was stirring the soup. Excel opened his inventory to took out the incubater.

[ 7 days until hatch]

Laxus could feel Trauka's power from the egg. Excel kept the incubater down to organize his inventory. He kept the potions, swords, armor, drops etc in different rows.

" What happened to my swords and armor?" asked Excel
" I have kept them safe. I will give them to you tomorrow."
" Ok"

Eva and Emma came back. They took the remaining seats. Laxus started distributing the soup. He gave each of them a bowl but he didn't take one.

"Wait! Aren't you going to eat?"asked Excel
" No. Unlike humans we dragons don't eat. We don't need nutrients from food like you humans"

Laxus stands up and leave. After eating Excel, Eva and Emma slept together.

[You have entered sleeping state]
[You will be logged out]

The hatch opened. Avav came out of the console . For the next 8 days due to a festival Avav was enjoying his holidays.

He went downstairs. He checked his phone to see a message from his mother. They were out to meet an old friend.

Avav looked at the table. He saw a plate with chicken curry and rice. Excel took the food upstairs with a mug of water.

He started his laptop and started watching a movie.

3 hours later...

"Ah. It was a great movie." said Excel

Excel kept the plate on the floor and went inside the console.

[Welcome back Excel]
[Recovering from sleeping state]

Excel went out. He saw Laxus sitting on the chair near the now extinguished fire.

" You awake."asked Laxus
"Yes"
" Good. Follow me"

Excel started following Laxus until they reached a field. It was a training ground. It had archery targets, dummies, a place to run and a house.

" Why am I here?" asked Excel
" I will teach you the techniques of a Dragon Knight."
" Dragon Knight?"

" Dragons Knights we're humans who could use  dragon magic. They were the source of the later developed Dragon Slayer Magic"

" I see. So,  give me the skills."

" Are you an idiot? How the hell will I give you skills? Learn them yourself."

Laxus is just a NPC. He doesn't know that the world of Dunvir is just a game. So, Excel thought that like before he will learn skills.

Laxus was holding a sword in his right hand. It was a normal plain sword. He took a battle stance. His right leg forward , his left leg back, right arm back and left arm straight. Laxus closed his eyes.

' Dragon Wave '

Laxus with a great speed swung his sword up colliding with the ground. The attack was powerful. It left a straight line of destruction. The end of the line was large crater. The normal sword was destroyed as well due to Laxus's power.

" Try it"
" Yes " said Excel in a tensed tone.

Excel took the same stance as Laxus. But, it was lacking. The form was not perfect. You could see Excel's nervousness from his stance.

Excel did the same as Laxus. But, nothing happened.

" Idiot. Concentrate"
" It doesn't work. Nothing happened."
" Try concentrating before striking."advices Laxus."

Previously, all Excel had to do was to Level up to learn skills like others players. He never cared about learning skills as all he had to was raid. But, now he had to learn the skill himself. He scoffed at Laxus but thought giving it a shot.

He closed his eyes. At first it was pitch black. But, slowly a white figured appeared in Excel's black vision. He concentrated even more. Red colored aura lines appearing in the white figure.

But, the aura lines were only upto Excel's pelvis, arms and neck. They were not in the whole body. Excel thought in mind for the aura lines to reach upto his right fingers.

At first nothing happened but slowly slowly the red aura lines started to move. First his biceps, his hinge joined, wrist, arm and finally his fingers.

Laxus saw the sword getting covered in Red Aura. Excel took the same stance as Laxus but this time his right hand was above.

He opens his eyes and strikes with the ground with his sword. The attack left a clean cut in the ground. The cut was just 2 metres long.

[You have created a new skill]
[Please name it]

' Dragon Cut '

[You have learned the skill Dragon Cut]

[Dragon Cut

* A skill created by Excel. Only he can learn this skill.

* Attack the target leaving a cut in his body. Creating a bleeding effect.

* Bleeding : The target will lose 1% of his health every 2 seconds.

* Deal 1000% of your magic as damage

* Mana Cost : 500]

Excel suddenly felt tierd. He felt some kind of emptiness in his body.

[You have exhuausted all your Mana]

[You have obtained a new state ' Patience']
Patience :

*You can't add stat point
*Increases your attack by 2% every 10 seconds.
* The rate of power can be increased the longer you are in concentrated state.]

Excel laid down on the ground. He was disappointed. The attack was not as powerful as Laxus.

Laxus went near the cut on the ground. The thing he saw surprised him. The cut was 5m deep. The eyes of a dragon are far superior than any other being. Their eyes show more details than a human eye.

Laxus was impressed but still not convinced. He still felt that Excel was lacking and not ready. He thought of a test.