Chapter 21

Excel was still lying down. Laxus went to bring Eva and Emma from the forest.

[Your mana has been completely restored]

Excel stood up and stretched his arms. He was feeling fresh.

" Where is Laxus? "

Excel looks at his right hand " Level 1. huh. That one skill took so much mana."

Excel was looking at the shack. It was a small house with no windows and just a small door. Excel reached out the doorknob "Oi. What are you doing?" asked Laxus as he entered the training ground?

Excel is shock looked back to see Laxus with Eva and Emma holding their hands.

" Nowhere," said Excel quickly.

Laxus let's, Eva and Emma play a bit more. They both started running until they reached two cuts on the ground.

" Father. What are these?" asked Emma showing Laxus his skill?
" And this," asked Eva as she pointed Excel's skill.
" Nothing in go and play," said Laxus in a rude manner.

Eva and Emma started running around the ground. Laxus looked at the sword Excel was holding "That sword almost broken".

[Durability: 3/10]

" Yeah," said Excel

Laxus went towards the shack and opened the door. " You come in"

Excel went inside the shack. Although it was small it had a lot of things. Laxus brought a wooden box of normal swords. They weren't good looking. Laxus started checking out the swords one by one for some reason.

Excel was looking at a fireplace with an anvil. But, besides the fireplace Excel saw a box shining a bit. He went near the box and started pulling it. The box was heavy as hell. But, Excel somehow as able to pull it.

The swords in this box were a far cry from the one's Laxus was checking. These swords had different colors like red, blue orange, and gold. 
Their handles we're far more finished than a normal sword.

Excel picked a sword up.

[ Dragon Sword # 4
Rating: Unique
Durability: 170/170

Attack: 1450.    Attack Speed: 35

* A sword created by Laxus the thunder dragon with the techniques on Ultier the best dragon blacksmith.

* Different types of ores have been used in the making of this sword. The ores used haven't been found by humans.

* It is a part of the mass-produced Dragon Sword.

Condition to use: Level 260]

Excel was a bit lost. He didn't get the part about Laxus creating the sword. " What are these?"

" Those are words created by me. "said Laxus
" You can create swords"
" I was trying to copy the techniques of Ultier."

Laxus was done choosing a sword for Excel. But, Excel was still a bit confused.

"Even though all I have to do is to equip the sword and use it. Why did you take so much time choosing one"

" Are you an idiot?" Laxus asked out of nowhere

" Huh. What do you mean?"

" Idiot. A sword is a part of you. If you just think of it as just an item you won't grow as a swordsman. "

" I don't get it," asked Excel still not getting what Laxus was saying

" Idiot. If your sword is too heavy for you the sword is almost useless but if it resonates with your body's overall weight and center of gravity it can deal with a lot of damage. But, still, nothing compared to a dragon claw"

Laxus throws the sword at Excel for him to catch. Unlike the sword, Excel used before this sword was a slight but easier to use. Even though the changes too little you could feel the difference.

Excel doesn't know this but swords created specifically for a certain player perform far better than swords which are specific. But, swords dropped by monster perform the same for every player.

" Take that sword and kill some slimes to level up"
" Slimes. Really!"
" Just go," said Laxus in a commanding manner.
"  Ok"

A quest has been created
You have accepted the quest

Kill Slimes
Rating: A

* Laxus wants you to kill some slices for you to level up

* Killed slices: 0/10

Quest Reward: New Leveling Area
Quest Failure: You won't be allowed to level up for the next 10 days]

Huh! Excel's eyes widened with fear and confusion. He didn't understand why but the difficulty was A-rated. He had killed slimes before but the difficulty at that time was E-rated.

" Will I at least get an armor?" asked Excel with his whole body trembling.
" Whatever"

Laxus goes back to the shack and brings Excel a letter armor. Like the sword, the armor was also normal.

Excel equips the sword and armor, wipes his sweat, and starts to leave. The twins saw him leave with fear in his eyes.

Excel leaves the training ground, enters the village, exits the village, and enters a forest. This forest was different from the one Excel met Laxus.

Slimes are generally found near the end of the forest or plains.

Excel checked the part of the forest but couldn't find a single slime.

' Guess I have to go even deeper.'

Excel goes deeper into the forest. The forest didn't have any monsters surprisingly.

As Excel was crossing the forest he was reminded of the time he went to the raid with Mesaik guild. He starts remembering how powerful he was.

' Laxus you bastard. '

Excel though currently, Laxus was his teacher Excel still hated Laxus to a certain extent. The same goes for Laxus he also doesn't like Excel. Laxus thought that dragons descendent would be some righteous. His expectations shattered as he saw Excel using Umbra's evil power.

Excel found a clear patch of grass in the middle of the forest. And in that patch, we're ten slimes. They were cute with a blue body and white eyes.

Excel was still scared. But, mustered up the courage to attack. He takes the swords out of its sheath and attacks a slime.

thang...

[You have missed the target]

Excel was shocked. The slime was fast. The white eyes of the slices turned red and became angry.

Excel quickly picked up the sword and went for another slime but it avoided the attack as well.

' What the fuck? How can slimes be so fast?'