Chapter 1

I was dancing around with my best friend Mel at a party. We were also singing along with the song Be like that. A guy came over to me and put his hands on my hips. I danced against him. Mel winked at me and got a guy herself. I smiled. We were at a collage frat party and no one knew that we were high schoolers. Mel's cousin had us come. Saying it was her boyfriends house. I was holding a solo cup with beer and took a drink while still dancing with the guy. He was starting to get all handsy and I didn't like it. He kept moving his hands all over me. I don't know how but he had me in the corner and touching my chest. His hands went up my shirt. I tried pushing him away and he pressed me into the wall smashing my drink against my shirt.
"Stop" I said trying to push him off. He wasn't stopping.
"I said no" I yelled hoping someone would notice but with the music too loud it wasn't going to work. I wanted him to stop. He got shoved off of me. I looked at the guy who saved me. He had tattoos going up his arms and a lip piercing. He has blond hair and these striking blue eyes. He was taller than me and the guy he just saved me from. The guy turned around and looked at the one who helped me.
"Sorry man I didn't know she was your girl" he said backing away.
"That's right. Back the fuck off before I do something you wouldn't like" the guy who saved me said. The other one walked away looking scared.
"I'm Jeremiah" he said. I nodded.
"I'm Sara. Thank you for helping me" I replied. He nodded.
"A guy trying to take advantage of a girl is a sore spot for me. I noticed across the room" he said nodded towards the other side. I looked and saw some more guys with tattoos and piercings sitting on the couches looking over this way towards us.
"Wanna hang out?" He asked. I nodded. He held his hand out and I took it. He brought me over to his friends. He sat down pulling me on his lap. I was a little uncomfortable sitting on his lap. He continued whatever conversation he was having with his friends and I was just sitting here. I saw Mel and she came running over to me.
"Hey I wanna go home. These guys aren't so nice here" she said loud enough for me to hear. I nodded. I stood up and he grabbed my waist.
"Where you going sweetheart?" He asked. Everyone around him was silent.
"Home" I answered.
"I'll give you a ride" he replied. He stood up. Mel's eyes were wide and looked at me. I shrugged.
The three of us walked out. Mel and I followed him to his car and got in. I got in up front and she got in the back. It was a nice black SUV.
"Where do you guys live?" He asked.
"By the high school" Mel answered. He nodded and started driving towards the high school. Mel and I live one house apart. Right next to the school. So being late to school everyday was always hard. Even though Mel was a master at it.

We got to Mel's house and he stopped. She got out and I was about to follow when he grabbed my wrist.
"I'll be right there" I said. She nodded and went inside.
"Can I get your number?" He asked. I was shocked but nodded. He handed me his phone and I put my number in with my name. I called it so that way I had his number.
"One more question. Are you still in high school?" He asked.
"Yeah I'm a junior" I answered.
"And you have no idea who I am?" He replied.
"No. Should I?" I responded. He shook his head no. I nodded. I opened the door and got out. He rolled the window down.
"Be careful Sara" He said. I nodded. I walked into the house and Mel was standing there with her arms crossed.
"Sara he's a gang leader. What were you doing with him" she said. I froze.
"Wait what?" I replied.
"He's in a gang. And he's scary as hell" she responded.
"He saved me tonight. I didn't see how he was scary" I said. She shook her head.
"Don't you remember Jeremiah Connors at all from freshman year?" She asked. I thought about. Jeremiah Connors was a senior when I was a freshman. He was rude. Mean and dangerous. I didn't realize that was him. I felt so stupid for not recognizing him before. But that gang leader saved me tonight and was kind enough to bring us home.