Chapter 4

I woke up to my alarm. I looked at Jeremiah and noticed he had some bruises. He groaned.
"Can you shut that off please" he said. I quickly turned my alarm off.
"What happened?" I asked.
"When?" He replied.
"You have bruises" I responded.
"A member wasn't behaving last night. So I had to put him back in line" he said. I looked away.
"Hey are you okay?" He asked sitting up.
"Yeah. I just didn't think my first boyfriend would've been a leader of a gang and can get into fights" I answered. He lightly rubbed my cheeks.
"Does this change anything?" He replied. I looked at him.
"I guess not" I responded. He nodded.
"I promise to keep you out of it all" he said. I nodded. I leaned my head into his hand and he went to kiss me but I moved my head. I covered my mouth. 
"Morning breath" I said. I rushed out of bed and ran to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and came back into my room. He was laying back with his one arm behind his head and he had his phone on with the other one. I came back to the bed and sat down next to him. He put his phone on the stand and he sat up pulling me to him. I didn't want to hurt him with the bruises and moved away from him.
"You're not getting away that easy baby" he said pulling me to him. I laughed and he kissed me. I kissed him back. His phone went off and he pulled away from me answering the phone. I got up and went to my closet to get dressed.

I came out in some black leggings, a black tank top, and I was holding a black v neck shirt along with his. I handed it back to him and he shook his head.
"Keep it" He said.
"What are you going to wear?" I asked.
"I have some clothes in my car. I brought them with me if I needed them" he answered. I nodded. He kissed my forehead and got out of my bed. He put his jeans on and then his shoes.
"Would I be safe going out the front door?" He asked.
"Yeah. My dad is usually at work by now. He does 12 hour shifts" I answered. He nodded.
"What about your mom?" He replied.
"She died the day I was born" I responded.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked" he said.
"It's okay" I replied. He kissed me and I kissed him back. I pulled away and put my shirt on. I stood up and he checked me out while I put my phone in the pocked of my leggings. I looked back and he had his phone out pointed towards me.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"Taking a picture of my girl" he answered smiling.
"Okay if you are taking a picture of me I'm taking one of the both of us" I said. He smiled. He got up and came over to me. I took my phone out and he kissed my cheek when I took the picture.
"I'll give you a ride to school" he said.
"How about walk me to school?" I replied.
"Right. You live right next to the school" he responded. I nodded. He smiled. I grabbed my bag and his hand. We went downstairs. I went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple.
"That's all you're eating?" He asked. I shrugged. He shook his head.
"You need a good breakfast" he said.
"I'm fine. Besides. I can get something else from school" I replied.
"Okay that true" he responded. I smiled and we walked out of the house. He went to his car and grabbed a shirt. He put it on and grabbed my hand. We walked to the school. When we got there he put his hands on my waist and pulled me to him. He bent down and kissed me. I kissed him back.
"Have a great day at school babe" he said.
"You too" I replied. He let me go and I went inside.

"Everyone is talking about you and Jeremiah" Mel said sitting down next to me in the lunch room. I shrugged.
"Let them" I replied taking a bite of the salad I got. She grabbed my phone and looked up at me.
"When was he in your house and shirtless? Oh my god did you have sex?" She asked.
"No we didn't. He stayed the night last night" I answered.
"With your dad there?" She replied.
"Yeah he was sleeping when he came over and was at work when he left" I responded.
"You're badass you know that right?" She said. I laughed at that.