Chapter 13

Jeremiah opened his apartment door for me. We were at the hospital for awhile. Nadia was behind us. The hospital had Jeremiah arrested because they thought it was abuse from my partner. Nadia had to bail him out. I had a brace on my knee and was on crutches. I also had some stitches in the back of my head from when it hit the ground. I went over to the couch and sat down. Jeremiah grabbed pillows and elevated my leg.
"I'll help clean up" Nadia said. Jeremiah nodded.
After Nadia left Jeremiah sat down next to me.
"Baby I'm so sorry" he said.
"You have nothing to apologize for" I replied looking at him.
"If I didn't push him down when he had you then you wouldn't be hurt. They were right to arrest me for that" he responded. I shook my head.
"Don't. You didn't know I would get hurt" I said. I opened my arm and he moved into them. I kissed him and he kissed me back.
"Maybe we can have a redo for our thanksgiving tomorrow" I said. He laughed. He looked at me.
"We can do anything you want" he replied.
"I want my brother to accept this. What's going on between us. That I'm an angel. Everything" I responded.
"That's not gonna happen baby" he said. I nodded.
"I know" I replied.
"Come on let's get some sleep" he responded. He got up and picked me up. He carried me to the bed and set me down. He propped my leg up and took his shirt off and jeans. He got in bed with me.

School started back up and I didn't want to go. I wanted to stay here with Jeremiah.
"Baby you have to go. Every one graduates in this gang. And I don't want you to not go" he said turning on his side to look at me.
"What if I changed your mind?" I asked pulling at his boxers.
"Not gonna happen" he answered moving quickly away from me. He went to the closet taking out one of his shirts and grabbing a pair of my skinny jeans. He tossed them at me and I put them on glaring at him while he laughed.
"You're sexy when you're angry" he said. I threw a pillow at him and he laughed. He got dressed and handed me the crutches. I took them wanting to hit him with one of them but I didn't.

After school he came and got me. We went back to his apartment and he helped me up the stairs. He put me down and opened the door. We walked in and some of the members were sitting in the living room.
"What's going on?" Jeremiah asked. Nadia stood up and my mouth dropped. She was covered in blood. Has bruises all over.
"The saints attacked us. They killed three of us and it would've been four if I didn't pretend to be dead too" Nadia answered. I looked at Jeremiah. I could tell he was angry.
"Henry move" Nadia said looking at someone sitting on the couch. He got up and moved. Nadia came over to me and helped me to the couch putting my leg up on the coffee table.
"What are we going to do?" Henry asked. I looked at Jeremiah. He was looking at me. He looked down at the ground.
"We need to end the rivalry" I suggested. He looked at me like everyone else.
"There's no way" Henry said giving me the you're crazy look. I looked at Jeremiah.
"Jeremiah. A lot of lives have been lost because of this. I don't understand why we are doing this" I replied.
"You don't understand what they did. What your brother did" Nadia responded.
"What did he do?" I asked.
"He killed my sister" she answered.
"But he wouldn't" I replied. She shook her head walking to the door. She stopped.
"My sister was also his wife. So don't think you're so special saint" she said. She walked out of the apartment. Everyone else left.
"You were married?" I said.
"Yeah I was" he replied.
"You're only 21" I responded. He came over and moved my leg putting it on his.
"Baby listen. I'm gonna tell you everything but you can't interrupt me when I tell you this" he said. I nodded.