New York

After hours on Silas's jet, we were finally in New York and at the hotel, we were staying. I breathed in deeply as I stepped out of the car, letting Hampton's cool crisp air hit my face as I smiled while the breeze swept throughout my hair. I missed this place. It had been over two years since I last stepped foot in New York, and I didn't realize how much I missed it until now.

It was a home that didn't want me, so I left it for a new one and loved every minute of it. Still, I missed my family and wished they would understand me, and if it weren't for this, I wouldn't have returned. All of the crazy shit in my life required an answer, and my mom was the only one who could answer it, at least I hope.

I was tired of feeling that my life was missing something. With Silas, I felt whole, which caused me to look up smiling, watching how the sun gave off a settled glow around him. It was like something was protecting him from the sun's rays, but I knew better. However, his silky brown hair looked as if it was glowing. It was a beautiful sight, but I believe he felt me staring because he quickly looked over with a smile pulling me closer to him.

After breaking the trans I was in, I finally glared at the big building that stood before me. A building that I always found myself walking past before leaving and thinking back, something always pulling me here. I know now it had to be Silas. Although I never saw him, it was clear he never saw me.

Walking in had me lost for words; the interior was beautiful. The walls were white and gold, burgundy or purple armchairs sat at each table. This was all Silas doing. It had an old vibe that I knew he loved. I noticed Lily masked a laugh as she rolled her eyes, looking at Silas. Just from her actions, I know she was thinking the same thing, given that she had known him longer.

When it came to me, Lily was quiet

When it came to me, Lily was quiet. She often acted as if she was scared or didn't like me much. Something I cared not for. It only freaked me out how she never addressed me unless I talked first. And now she avoided looking at me, shyly smiling, whispering something to Callie and causing her eyes to do that weird cat thing as Wyatt hissed, letting his nasty snake tongue escape his lips.

It was disgusting, and I didn't see how I never noticed this. I saw him almost every day but never that. It made my skin crawl as he grinned, showing off his fang until Lenora smacked him in the head. He was a weird one, or maybe he sensed I was scared or disliked his ass. Although snakes didn't bother me, he did. Perhaps it was him in human form or him giving off the vibes of having a snake personality.

Either way, I didn't like him. However, Siren tugging at my arm caused my eyes to drift won to her. Yes, she was supposed to stay, but the girl threw a major fit until her dad said yes. She had him wrapped around her damn finger and knew how to work Silas's nerves to get what she wanted, like a father with her daughter. Silas crumbled at her feet.

"What is Siren?"

"I don't like it here." She spoke as I sighed, hugging while Silas picked her big ass up, causing her to smile and burying her face in her dad's neck.