chapter 13

The following morning,

As she was going to get out from her home to office, she got call from krishan Sharma. She looked at mobile screen and attended the call, "good morning sir."

He said in cheerful voice, "good morning Suhana. Where are you just now?"
Suhana replied, "I am just going out for office."

Krishan Sharma told, "I got the call from Mr Nanda just now. You have to go directly singh group. Mr Singh wants to give his suggestions on this project. He saw the project and there are many flaws."

Suhana frowned, "but sir, I already told it was last time. Sorry, but now I won't go."

Krishan Sharma sighed, "Suhana, we know you are best. I don't know what happened to you this time but you never denied before. Nobody has courage to face Mr Singh. And his secretary specially asked you to come."

Suhana was speechless. After few moments, She asked with hestitation, "what did he say?"

Krishan Sharma told truthfully, "he said 'Mr Singh wants to discuss about project with you'. You know we can't offend him."

Suhana sighed, "that's why all of you want to dig the hole for me."

Mr Sharma felt it's his hallucination. It's first time Suhana talked to anyone like it. He coughed many times and tried to say something, "Suhana..."

Suhana was really angry, "no need to say anything. I understand. I am going now."

Mr Sharma didn't know what to say, "Suhana, let's talk when you come back."

Suhana didn't want to say anything because she felt they betrayed her. She made her face, "fine"

She was not hungry anymore that's why she picked up her bag and coming out from her room. As she was going to out from her home, she heard her dad voice, "Suhana, don't you eat anything?"

She said, "Dad, I am not hungry. I will eat in office." She lied without any blink.

Her dad said with calm voice, "Suhana, come here and sit."

She knew her dad wanted to talk her but she was not in good mood now that's why she didn't want to talk. If it's another day, she will gladly accept his offer. But she couldn't deny her dad that's why she sat on dinning table.

Her mom gave a plate with stuff paratha and curd to her and sat with them.

Her mother said warmly, "it's your favourite. If you are not hungry, eat it."

Suhana nodded and took a bite. Her dad said with worried, "Suhana,now a days you are looking tensed. Is everything okay?"

Suhana nodded her head, "yeah, there is a important project in which we are working."

Her dad nodded with understanding. He looked at his wife and Mrs Triveni nodded. Mr Triveni told, "Suhana, Actually, your aunt told about a family. The boy is good and well educated. And the family is respected in society."

Suhana understood now what her parents wanted to talk her. She took a bite from her plate and said nonchalantly, "dad, I am not interested now. I want to focus on my career." Her parents didn't know what's going on her life because she didn't tell them. It's her parents rights to think about her marriage that's why she was not angry.

Mrs Triveni said with frustration, "but suhana, your job is stable. And we know you are one of best employee of your company. What do you want to do more?"

She took deep breath, "Mom, please I am not ready right now."

Mrs Triveni scolded to her, "Suhana, when will you get ready? you are not young. I have your elder sister when I was in your age. Don't make excuses."