5 | Chrollo Lucilfer x Reader

A/N: ...I like soulmate aus.

Relationship: Chrollo Lucilfer x GN Reader - Fated (Hunter x Hunter)
Genre: Mild Angst-Romance

Type: Soulmate AU Oneshot
Soulmate AU: Your soulmate and you are connected by markings on your skin: tattoos, writing, or injury. If your soulmate dies, you both do.

WARNING: This scenario contains some gore not in extreme detail, but if it makes you uncomfortable, there will be a 🚧 warning 🚧 that indicates where this starts and ends.

Summary: You are Chrollo Lucilfer's soulmate, although you didn't know until five years ago when information on his and other troupe members appearances became knowledge. Now, many hunters and assassins seek to kill the soulmate's of these members to halt their reign of terror. The small plus symbol located on your forehead makes you a prime target. How long until one of them finds you?

Word Count: 2808

(F/N) - Fake Name

[ ❦ ]

  "What's this job for?" You pointed to a description that showed up the screen. The title wasn't really very clear, only stating that it was a "Soulmate Hunt".

"Oh— thats for hunting down Phantom Troupe soulmates. I didn't think you were into that type of stuff." The recruiter said.

"I'm not, just curious." You stepped back. In all honestly, you felt bad for many of others like you: Phantom Troupe soulmates. Although, you didn't even know if the others were pro-hunters like yourself. You had carefully crafted your identity, destroying much of it, and keeping only enough that you could exist. It was especially important for you to do so. After all, you were the soulmate of the leader Chrollo Lucilfer. Your head was at a high price for both the troupe and hunters or assassins. 

"You might be interested in this one." You looked at the screen again.

It was a job from a Maid Cafe owner, of all things, asking for a nen user who could protect against unruly nen using customers. It was certainly nothing like what you'd usually take.

"Really?" You were unimpressed.

"I'm just kidding, there's another one here. Its to hunt down this treasure spread out across—" The recruiter began explaining.

"I'll take the maid cafe one." You said.

"What? Seriously?" She asked.

"Whats there to loose. It sounds fun." You shrugged. So, you left the building that day and headed towards a maid Cafe with a new, interesting job.

- ◇ -

  Miraculously, you found yourself working at the cafe for several months. It was actually pretty fun. You would throw out guys who decided to harass the servers and fight some challengers in the alleyways beside the cafe. Usually those guys wouldn't end up leaving that alley, either for the next day or alive.

Not to mention, the atmosphere inside was rather nice too. The maids were all nice to you and appreciated your help. The owner was rather helpful too. She talked to you much of the days when you had nothing to do but sit around.