(43) Kathie Jane

Just wanna show this off 👆🏻👆🏻

Just wanna show this off 👆🏻👆🏻. What do you think? Pretty? 🙃

Kathie Jane

My fingers drummed on the table impatiently as I waited for Owen to finish sending replies to his agent. I didn't see Cade this morning. I knocked at his door several times, but no one answered. The staff told me he hadn't gone home from the party last night. There are things that needed to be said. And I have no idea where to start.

But before everything else, I need to set things straight. Back from when Owen was somewhere cruising in the Caribbean Sea, I shamelessly hadn't thought of him. Now that he's just across from me, sipping on his protein shake, my thoughts are still alarmingly of another man.

It's not right. Hell, it's worse than when he was away.

I look down to my coffee. "Owen, we need to talk."

He glances briefly toward me then turns back to his phone. "We will, babe. Just let me finish up on some emails. I've been gone for a while my agent's rescheduled way too many shoots."

I gaze around the coffee shop. It was a Sunday. Customers come flooding in for the morning rush hour. It was a lively affair. I should be bright and bubbly about it, but I was just... pissed.

Pissed that he was barely making eye contact with me when I'm right in front of him. I wasn't usually the type who demands for attention. Owen and I played it cool. No demands and I was okay with it. But then, it was before Cade. Before I even knew how great it was to be showered with attention. Whether I ask for it or not.

I reprimanded myself for the wayward thoughts.

"Owen, please."

"One more sec. I've only been home for three days but I still haven't sort things out." He shakes his head and laughed softly as he types away on his phone.

My hands clenched into a fist as I did a math. "You've been back for three days?"

He nods, eyes still stuck on his phone.

Owen came back three days ago. He showed up at the party last night to see me. He'd been in town for two days – maybe that explains how he perfectly got the memo to my parents' dinner party. But it doesn't sit right with me. "Owen, you waited for a couple of days to see me?"

His hand fumbled for mine across the table. "I wanted to surprise you." He puts his phone down to look at me. His hair was browned and two inches longer, his teeth was whiter in his tanned face. He grew a five o'clock shadow too.

He looked gorgeous.

But he doesn't wear glasses. I frowned at the thought.

"Babe, I like you better when you're not frowning. You're more beautiful when you smile." He winks at me and brings my hand to his mouth to kiss my knuckle.

I gulped. "Owen, I really need to talk you about something."

"You do? Well, save it for tonight. We have our reservation at one of my favorite restaurants in town."

"Andrei Parkinson's?"

His brows creased. "No, babe. Sydney Williams is the best chef there is. She was glad I was back and offered me the perfect place for our date tonight."

"Can't we just talk now?"

He sighed patiently. "I want us to talk over dinner."

There was protest in the tip of my tongue but his phone rings and it was back in his hands.

"I have to take this," he says with a smile.

I nodded. I waited until he finished the call.

He gave me an unapologetic look when he finally hung up. "I'm really sorry, babe. I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." He practically scrambled out of his chair and peck on my cheek. "I really have to go."

"Okay," I murmured.

"Dress pretty for me tonight." He winked then turns to leave.

Hey, beauties! What do you think of the chapter? mild_reddd have recovered Owen's body for this chapter. lol. How many of you guys want to kill him? How many wants him to live? I need to make a Tally. Leave me a comment below? :) Don't forget to vote. You know how it makes my day.

Do you want another update? 50 votes mean yes.

Anyways, don't forget to check me out on my Instagram and Twitter to get UPDATE ALERTS.