Epilogue (Cade)

Cade squinted at the faint, orange sunlight slanting over to the bed from the opened window of their bedroom suite

Cade squinted at the faint, orange sunlight slanting over to the bed from the opened window of their bedroom suite. He scratches the remaining sleep off his eyes and reoriented himself of the hardwood floors and modern paneling of the houseboat he'd bought from Reese Forester. He wanted to do something for Kathie and getting away on weekends was the right suggestion Walsh has given him.

The Foresters has accompanied him to see some properties – specifically big, cozy houses that have so much room for children to run around.

Nathan and Spencer suggested reclusive properties away from the city. As tempting as it was, he couldn't do it to Kathie. She loves parties. And the lively parties were her scene.

Colin agreed with him given Cade couldn't shut up about her when he hangs out with the guys. They knew well that a big house without the city noise is an isolation to Kathie.

A soft sigh splintered his thoughts. Curled endings of a beautiful brown hair tickled his arm. He looks down to a sleeping Kathie next to him and... smiled.

He had planned a whole day of sightseeing for them, but he had to answer a call and when he came back the bedroom, she was already fast asleep.

Kathie nuzzled his neck, her hand going over to his left chest, over his heart. The ring on her finger sparkled when it caught the soft ray of the setting sun.

His heart plumped at the sight of the engagement ring. He hadn't mind that she slept the entire afternoon because she was understandably exhausted from planning their wedding up to the last detail. He thought hiring wedding planners would somehow relieve her from the bridal duties, but she wanted to be hands-on as possible.

Kathie stirred from her sleep. She murmurs his name and nuzzled further to his neck.

Cade grinned like an idiot. He'd like to think she takes him with her in her dreams.

Unable to resist, he dusted kisses on her shoulder, breathing her in. There was a sweet hint of strawberry from the perfume she wore because she knew he'll like it. But mostly it was all Kathie that he couldn't get enough of.

She lets out a sleepy giggle when his kisses reached her neck. And then they were both awake.

Cade rolled her onto her back and he gently lowers himself atop her. "Slept well?" He twirled a smooth a strand of her hair to his finger.

She nodded. "How long was I out?"

"Not that long." He props his elbow and patterned the fragile line of her collar bone with kisses.

She shivered underneath. Her head turn to the side and stiffened at the setting sun outside the window. "Cade, is that sunset?"

"Yes."

Kathie gasped. "I slept the whole day? Why didn't you wake me up?" She cupped his jaw with her hand so she could see his face.

"Don't feel bad. I fell asleep watching you sleep."