CHAPTER 17: THE BIG NIGHT!

I was filled with anxiety as I paced the floor,in my pointe shoes and my Red tutu dress that was covered in sparkles to catch the light as I moved.
Backstage at the War Memorial Opera House,I glanced in the direction of my Male Ballet partner that I've been practicing with for weeks. Unlike me,Julian seemed cool as a cucumber.

Pull yourself together,Vanessa!!

I pulled back the Gold curtain made of silk,just slightly so I could have a peek. Big Mistake..Huge Mistake!! Seeing the Men and Women dressed up in their fancy tuxedo's and floor length gowns,filling up the 3126 seats had made me all the more nervous to get out there.

Jeremy's face had caught my eye in the front row,as he chatted on his phone.Of course,I wouldn't really expect anything less from him since he doesn't even want to be here. He dressed up and he made an effort though,he's here for show. Not my show but our lives,the even bigger show!!

What the hell is going on between us is the question that's constantly swirling around my mind??

That kiss we shared was..Well it was pretty damn HOT!! There was a loss of self control there on both our parts.
But he did make the first move yet again.I can no longer deny that my so called Husband makes me feel a little bit naughty,when he's kissing me the way he does. But what does it mean??

Let's be real,the man can't control his sexual urges around me. Especially since he spends more time around me more than any other women. I think that angers him some, he's made it quite clear on many occasions that he doesn't want to feel anything towards me but Hate.

The lines are Blurred!! Things are messy now!

"Mrs Austin.."

I turned from the curtain with a fright and saw Alex making his way towards me. He was all dressed up in a new suit and looking smart for the occasion.

I grinned."Wow! Alex,You're looking dapper as they say. Did you buy a new suit just for tonight?"

"Of course i did,it is your special night after all. I wanted to make a good impression on the In laws."He circled his arms around me,pulling me into a hug."Lovely,You look like you're about to shit a sideways brick you're that tense."

I chuckled,pulling back from his embrace."I'm not even going to ask how you've come up with that..
But you've made me laugh so thank you."

"You know Alex is always here to cheer you up..Day or Night!"He smirked. "You're nervous,Come over here and sit down,relax a second while you wait for your show to start."

My show! I love that he makes me feel like I'm centre of attention. Tonight is all about me and he's going to make sure of it.

I walked towards a little wooden stool and sat down. Alex leaned back against the smooth wall behind me. I could hear the noises of the hustling crowd grow louder as they filled up the many rows in the Audience,on the other side of the curtain.

I was nervous,a lot more nervous than I've ever felt before. I wondered if it was because the Austin's were here to support me. I carry their name around with me,everywhere I go,in everything I do. I can't mess this up!!

"Ugh,I'm so nervous. What if I barf on everyone in the front row,Alex?"I looked up at him,as he towered over me.

"That won't happen,That stage is big."
He chuckled,after making the joke that was intended to lighten the mood.
He pulled a piece of paper from his suit jacket and handed it to me."A little something for you..Read it."

I unfolded the white paper four time before looking down at it. The words of black ink and swirl lettering.

"I want to fly