First Kiss

Before we fell into another awkward silence I cleared my throat and asked him about his case. "How was your case?" "it was..." he paused looking for the right words. "Difficult, but we solved it," he said sighing. "Yeah," I started. "Are you guys usually out that long?" I asked. "No, this case just ran longer than usual," he answered. I nodded and looked back down at the menu while we continued talking. We ordered our food and ate. When we finished the waitress came to pick up our dishes and said we were free to leave. "What about the check?" I asked confused. "Already paid for," she said then walked away. I turned back to spencer who had a smug look on his face. I shook my head "I thought I told you to stop being nice to me." "I gave them my card before you told me that," he said defensively. I shook my head once more and we got up to leave. When we walked outside the breeze caught me off guard. "dang, it's cold," I said under my breath. Somehow Spencer heard me and the next thing I knew his suit jacket was draped around my shoulders. I turned around to look at him and before I could say anything he said "It's no problem." "thank you," I said and he nodded his head. We made it into the car and continued our conversation from earlier. When we got in front of my apartment complex we sat in silence for a while. After a few more moments passed I sighed and said "I should probably head inside." I moved my hand to open the door "goodnight spencer." but before I could open the door he grabbed my arm. "Wait." I turned to face him and he looked flushed. "What's up?" I asked. He took a deep breath "I'm going to kiss you if that's okay" he said. all I could do was nod my head caught entirely off guard at the thought of Spencer Reid wanting to kiss me. Not long after I nodded I felt his hands cup my face and his soft lips on mine. He was gentle while he kissed me. When he pulled away I was shocked about what happened. "Goodnight River," he said. I turned and opened the door. "Goodnight spencer."