• [ 35 ] •

Rose's POV

A couple weeks have passed since I landed my blacksmith job, and let me tell you, I am learning so much. I am thinking of more powders and potential serums every day, so I am thankful that Miss Celeste shares my curiosity as well. I also carry around my journal everywhere incase I get inspiration from something or think of a question to ask.

My individual and Level 1 elemental lessons have only been getting harder. Mr.Casey expects a lot out of me due to our fight and has told Mr.Patterson to train me hard in my classes. Mr.Bychkov and Mr.Jacobs are both very demanding and stern teachers. Mr.Jacobs explains everything very well though, and passionately teaches me. Mr.Ivanov has been teaching me about Air Nomads and their lessons. Mr.Monroe also expects a lot out of me, and encourages me to meditate on my thoughts during my free time. Mr.Barden apologized and has been teaching me a lot of great moves to work on. He and Mr.Kato have similar teaching styles, but Mr.Barden doesn't let his past action hold him back from pushing me.

As for combat and weaponry, Mr.Howard has been working me nonstop. Although very tiring, my stamina has improved and I am able to run for longer distances. Not only this, but I only go against Mr.Howard during our battles. He challenges me with dueling and hand to hand combat often, every time victorious. I don't know the purpose of going against him if I lose every time, but I still give it my all. One thing I do like about Mr.Howard is that he does not hold back. Ever since I told him about my remedies, he isn't afraid to graze my skin with a sword or land hard punches in combat.

My dragon training has been going well, Belvedere and I have gotten even closer if that's possible. Artemis and Apollo have grown tremendously, both a bit smaller than Ampiere. I sleep in Apollo's stable every Monday, I sleep in Artemis's stable every Tuesday, and I sleep in Belvedere's stable every Friday.

I decorated the twins' stables individually, and now, all my dragons have personalized stables. Also the twins have been training with Belvedere everyday and are getting the hang of flying pretty well. The two are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the new dragons. Trent and Marcus are always telling me to be careful when I try new things with Belvedere, but I know they find it amusing. Speaking of, I can shoot arrows off of Belvedere while flying hundreds of feet in the air. It took a lot of practice and patience, but I can easily hit a bullseye now. I am waiting till the twins get stronger to try flying on them. They started speaking to me about a week ago, and let me say, a smile never left my face.

My Life forms and Creatures class has also been going good. I finished Miss Evelyn's books within two days and continued going to the library for information. I am learning more about creatures than I would have been able to had I not attended the Academy. Miss Evelyn is always telling me random facts about mythical creatures, and often engages in conversation with me when I have questions.

I am still considering whether or not to work at the sanctuary because am I undecided about the job. Applications for standard jobs are due next week and I still have to make a decision. I have gotten extremely close with the librarian since I have been going there almost everyday to read. I also conversed with the head chef and told him about my love for baking. He tasted a few of my pastries and meals, and now wants me to work in the kitchen for a fairly high pay grade. And, of course, my job at the blacksmith.

Mr.Gordon is extremely pleased with my work, and surprisingly, business has increased since I have worked there. When I first started crafting special orders, Mr.Gordon told me to leave a note with each one, explaining the design and meaning of it. He told me it can be like my signature of some sort, claiming the craftsmanship as mine. Mr.Gordon also had Headmaster Jackson spread the word of a 'prodigy' crafter in his shop, now I am getting more orders placed by the minute.