11.

THE Patriarch.

Adrian.

Twenty four hours, twenty four hours after everything had happened, demons had attacked the wedding held by the vampires, they made it seem like the wolves had attacked but Adrian had felt them, they had made their first move on the vampires but why they had, he didn't know, Johnny had stayed home with the kids, he and Jax were the ones who had gone to school, he only stayed for classes and once done he went to work, and now he was on the porch to his house.

He sighed happily in relief knowing the day had gone pretty okay, Cooper, Zoey or Conrad didn't show up at school which was okay in his book, he wanted the distance anyway, it was for the best, Adrian was still a little worried about their safety even though the demons had attacked the vampires specifically, he felt inclined to believe that the demons had something they wanted in the Leyton mansion, otherwise why attack when it was crowded, it made the perfect cover for them, the family of vampires would be too distracted with the onslaught to notice anything amiss in their huge home, it irked Adrian as to why Leyton the vampire's head wasn't there to defend his home, where had he gone to.

There weren't answers he could get anyway so he decided to push the thoughts aside, once he got into the house, he realized there was a lot of bags full of groceries on the island, he wondered who had done the shopping for him, he got his answer when he saw Jax's car in the garage, it obviously had been him. "I'm home!" Adrian called out taking a banana from the fridge, he didn't get a reply, but several grunts from somewhere in the back yard. He moved to see what the commotion was all about and found Johnny and Jax hurling fists at each other.

It was so brutal that Adrian flinched but it was also entertaining because they both looked like super ninjas fighting, a red glowing sphere was shot from Johnny's mouth in his human form, Jax's fourth tail glowed a dark purple fog rolled out all around him, the sphere attack from Johnny was absorbed by the fog, Johnny growled and instantly shifted, two spears made of his will appeared in his wolf paws and he attacked Jax, the kitsune completely shifted as well, he used his tails to block the spears, sideswiped the wolf just as his first tail turned an electric blue, lightning was shot from his palms toward the wolf who was tossed toward a glowing barrier in an explosion.

Adrian had no words to say, this kind of training was intense, when he turned to leave he saw one of his grimoires on the table outside, he walked toward it and found three little boys crouched behind one of his herbs muttering a spell that shocked him. "Ignugus." The three of them both mumbled and the herb burst into flames. "glasvix audis." Adrian mumbled and flames went out. "That is enough, all of you come here this instant!"Adrian yelled as the three boys and two teens all froze and looked toward Adrian, his hair blew in the wind with its orange glow making it seem as if it was on fire.

Jax and Johnny shifted and wore shorts, three little heads also climbed up the stairs and stood at attention in front of Adrian. "My love explain to me what's going on?" Jax was dumbfounded, Adrian's voice was sickeningly sweet and that's what terrified him. "Uh, you see baby, we're sparring, I came back and found Johnny sparring with himself, I decided he had the right idea we needed to train, I had the triplets help us make the invisible arena, I told them they couldn't practice without you or I there but it seems they didn't listen." Jax explained hoping Adrian wouldn't be furious.

The witch sighed and looked at his mate, he couldn't be mad at him for something he was going to do the moment he'd gotten home, they needed to train to get better, what surprised him was the triplets. "You guys have magic." Adrian exclaimed earning a relieved sigh from Johnny and Jax, the triplets nodded and Adrian smiled, he walked over to the grimoire and looked over the spell they had used to create the invisible shield. "This is a really hard spell, but I'm not surprised you pulled it off." The witch commended, his younger siblings were wise beyond their age and that's why Adrian never worried about them so much but the need for safety when practicing was needed.