Amethyst X Cracked!Mute!Reader (My Voice)

(A/N: Another request people! Keep them coming! This idea was bouncing around for a while, and it's kinda long. This is during 'Jailbreak' and some time after. And this is not me saying that being mute makes you broken, but this was the only way I could see to make your gem mute. Hope you enjoy! (G/N) means gem name.)

What can I do?

What can I do?

My gem is cracked, but it's barely noticeable. If you just look at me, you can't tell anything is wrong. And since the crack is so miniscule, the only effect it has on me is my lack of a voice. They decided I was just slightly defective.

"(G/N)," I saluted to my Agate, "You are to accompany the Facet-2F5L Cut-5XG Peridot to the planet Earth to check on the cluster."

I nodded, my arms still satuting. And went to join the ship at departure.

✥✥✥

I noticed a scared Lapis Lazuli in the grasp of a Jasper.

"Escort this Lapis to the holding bay," She handed the scared gem over, mumbling as she walked away, "Why did we have to get this defective piece of asphalt?"

When we made it into the ship, I let the Lapis free from my grasp.

"Why are you letting me go?" I pointed to the cell.

"Why won't you talk to me?" I made a crossing motion over my neck, not in a threatening way, but just to show Lapis I cannot talk.

"Oh," She sat in the cell, "That's what Jasper meant by defective."

I sighed, then we made our way to the planet Earth.

✥✥✥

I heard the Ruby screaming for her Sapphire. So I headed them off.

"Oh no!" The human called Steven spoke, "Please don't put us back in the cells!"

I smiled, standing to the side and pointing toward the Sapphire's cell.

"Is that-?"

"Who cares!" The Ruby ran off in the direction I pointed to.

The Steven looked at me with curiosity, "Where's Lapis?"

That was going to take more than a point to tell him her location. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to her holding cell.

"Lapis!" He got to the cell, "I can let you out!"

She backed away as she reached out, her eyes darting from him to me, "Stop!"

"It's okay. I can-"

"No! I don't want your help," She looked him in the eye, she looked so broken, "Things are bad enough as it is. I've already made too much trouble. Once we get back to Homeworld, they're going to decide what to do with us. Steven, whatever you're doing just stop. If we do everything they say they might go easy on us."