Amethyst X Reader (A New Old World)

(A/N: Hey! This one was actually a request, though I did kinda start writing this before the request was made. Thank you so much! I'm working on the other request in the pic below. Drop of angst, but mostly fluffy. This takes place sometime after the third season.)

"Garnet!" I opened the door to the temple to find the gem in question sitting on Steven's couch, "What's up with this note I found in my room?"

"Why would you think I put it there?" She had a completely neutral look on her face.

I held up the note so she could read, "Well it said something about a mission-"

"Ask Steven."

I nodded, exiting the house and looking for the half-gem.

"Hey (Y/N)," Amethyst came up from the beach, "Have you seen Garnet? I got this note and-"

I sighed, "It's not her. I got the same note. She told me to ask Steven."

"Aw-man," She shoved the note in her pocket, "I haven't seen him all day."

I looked at the paper in my hand as Amethyst spoke, "So what do we do? All the note said was there was a mission for me."

I thought for a moment, "Let me see your note."

She handed me the paper from her pocket. I looked it over, it said the same thing as mine, with her name instead of mine: Amethyst, I have a mission for you. Come see me for the details.

I held it up in the light, Amethyst's eyes widened and she pointed at the back of the paper, "Yo! Check out the back!"

I turned it over, and on the back looked like... "It's a map!" I got out my letter, placing mine face-down beside it.

I looked it over, a red dot marked the destination, "It looks like a map of beach city. But nothing's labeled..." I turned to the purple gem beside me, "Can you tell where the dot is in the city? You go exploring more than I do."

She looked at the map, "I don't know. I don't do map stuff."

I sighed, then pointed to the temple on the map, "Okay, we're here. And if we follow this path..."

"That's where Fish-Stew Pizza is."

I smiled at the shorter gem, "You should have more faith in yourself, you're really smart."

Color rose to her cheeks, "Let's just go."

🗺️🗺️🗺️

"Amethyst!" The girl I recognized as Jenny Pizza leaned over the counter, "Who's this? Is it that girl your always-"

Amethyst interrupted her, "Did Seven come by here?"

Jenny's sister came from the back, "Yeah, he wanted me to give you this."