Peridot X Reader (Understanding)

(A/N: I'm putting a few non-requests for just an example of what I can do. This takes place as Peri is just adjusting to life on earth. This is when we are building the drill and after the entire thing where Garnet tries to let Peridot fuse with her.)

Everyone was asleep. Everyone except me. Even the other gems did that thing where they 'pretend sleep' as Steven says. Even if I know that we actually sleep.

Even Peridot was trying it out. But I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing fast. My mind kept drifting to the new gem. She seems to be getting closer to all the Crystal Gems, with the exception of me. I really wanted to get closer to her. Even back when we were enemies, I felt like we could be great friends.

The idea of her and I being closer made my head ring, I felt... Fuzzy inside. I also got that feeling when she talked, and walked by me. I think... I think I might like her? It makes no sense. I don't understand.

"What are you doing?"

My heart leapt in my chest, and my head turned to meet her gase, "Peridot!"

"Hey (Y/N)," She sat next to me, "Did you not hear me? I had asked what you were doing."

"Oh!" My eyes dashed to the stars, "No, I heard you. You just surprised me."

Peridot rolled her 'vision spheres', "You still haven't answered my first question."

I quietly laughed, "To answer your question, I simply couldn't sleep."

"You couldn't?" Peridot tried to understand, "But Steven told us the steps. You lay down, then think about nothing."

I smiled, laying on the ground, Peridot watched as my form landed on the ground, "My mind just refused to shut up."

"You are the controller of your mind," Peridot stated, but I could tell she was trying her best to decipher what I said, "So just tell it to 'shut up' as you put it."

I laughed once more, "Sometimes... You can't shut off your mind. Ideas and thoughts just keep bombarding you. No matter what you try to do."

"So this is one of those times?"

I sat back up, "Yeah. You understand?"

"I'm trying," She looked back to the stars, to the direction of Homeworld, "Everything is so different on Earth. The Pearl is all technological, the Amethyst is small, the Steven is a thing, and the Fusion is fused for more than battle purposes."

"Well what's weird about me?"

"I have learned that that may not be the best thing to share, Amethyst taught me that."

"Ame's been teaching you a lot?"

"Amethyst has informed me of some earthly customs, yes."

I smirked, "Didn't Garnet try and explain the fusion thing to you?"

"Yes," She looked back at me, "But I only gained a small understanding of Garnet, not the fusion."

"How did she try to explain it to you?"

Peridot crossed her arms, "She tried to let me fuse with her."

"You've got to be kidding me!" I wasn't mad, just surprised, "The other gems would kill to fuse with Garnet. Or do some other really weird things."

"Not you?"

I scratched the back of my neck, "I guess I don't completely understand the entire fusion thing either, I've just never done it."

"You've never fused?" Peridot got on her knees, and leaned forward, so cute, "But your entire team seems to love doing it all the time."

I let a giggle escape my lips, "I guess I just... Haven't found the right person to try and fuse with."

"Well do you..?"

My smirk returned, "Do I..?"

"Do you want to try and fuse?"

I stood, extending a hand to the slightly shorter gem, "I'm down if you are Peri."

A slight blush formed on her face, "Peri?"

"It's a nickname."

She grabbed my hand, "I am 'down'."

My smile couldn't be contained, "So Peri... How do you dance?"

"Dance?"

I thought about how to fully explain it, "Well that's just how most the other gems do it."

"You aren't the other gems," We just stood there, hand in hand, the starlight shining on us, "How do you want to do it?"

A heat rose to my cheeks, "I guess like this..?"

I hugged her. Hesitantly, she returned the gesture.

Soon, we started to phase into one another. But at the last moment, be both pulled apart.

"Sorry Peri," I looked down, I had landed on my butt, so I saw my legs on the ground beneath me, "I just..."

"No it is understandable," Peridot looked up from her spot on the ground across from me, "I pulled away too."

We sat there for a moment, looking at one another.

"You know..." Peridot looked at me differently as I spoke, "I was really happy when you asked me to try fusing with you."

"Why?"

I pulled my knees to my chest, "I've just really wanted to be closer to you."

She was confused. So I tried to help her understand.

"I have for a pretty long time. You seem so... 'Awesome' as Steven puts it. I guess I was just excited to do something with you. Something that we alone could share."

Peridot got up. She came towards me, and stood before me. I lowered my legs, letting them form a 'W' with the rest of my form at the vertex in the center. She placed her hands on my face.

I looked up at her. She was smiling, a twinkle in her eye. I started to fear that she could hear my heart pounding in my chest.

She leaned down, and her lips met mine.

~Andalusite's POV~

(Picture of the Gem for reference)

When I formed. I was taking a knee. Facing the stars. I could tell that the sun was going to come up soon. To be completely honest, I could tell I was going to fall apart soon.

The two gems that formed me were starting to freak out.

Then I was gone.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

"What was that!?" My hands pulled at my hair, "That just happened."

I looked at Peridot, she was also freaking out, but her rambling was harder to figure out.

"Are you okay Peri?" I got up and tried to comfort the technician without touching her, "It's okay! It's over, and we never have to do it again if you don't want to!"

"No..." She looked up at me, "I'm fine! I'm just sorry I didn't really ask your permission to do it."

I was shocked, "Wait. That's what you were worried about? It's fine! I mean consent is 100% important, but it just kinda happened."

She had calmed down. The sun reflecting in the corner of her eyes.

"I think I understand."