Blue Diamond X Reader (My Diamond)

(A/N: Hey! This one was paired with the last request, so here we go! Thank you so much! This takes place during the Human Zoo Arch! Luv you guys! {I had a hard time with this one, so sorry for the long wait!})

I was Blue Diamond's assistant. I mostly operated her ship. I was perfect.

But that was my downfall.

"Pearl, close the door," My Diamond sighed as Pearl did as she was told.

I tried to approach her to comfort her, but the door swung back open, "Please tell me you're joking. You only just left, and you're already back?"

Against my better judgement, I turned towards the new diamond and saluted, "My Clarity."

Yellow Diamond almost glared down at me, "Dismissed, I need to talk with Blue. Move aside."

I didn't have a choice, so I did as I was commanded.

Blue frowned at our exchange, which wasn't a huge difference from her normal expression these days, "What are you doing here Yellow?"

"I'm here to bring you back to reality, Blue."

"I'm fine. Just leave me alone," It was a lie, but I found myself wishing that Yellow would believe Blue's white lie.

Yellow glared at the quartz gems in the bubbles around us, "It's been thousands of years, Blue, and you still can't bring yourself to destroy these Gems? She was shattered by a Rose Quartz! The entire cut of Gem deserves the same fate!"

"But they were hers."

I had met Pink Diamond many times in her days. Blue had sent me to work with the young Diamond many times. Explaining things that happened before her time, and telling her how our lives work on Homeworld.

"They should be wiped out of existence, not kept safe in bubbles!"

I felt something behind me as the Diamonds argued. I tried not to raise attention as I looked to the door, spotting two humans.

One was the human Blue saved from Earth not too long ago, and the other I had never seen before. But it felt all too familiar. They ran behind a pillar, and I decided not to report them.

Yellow Diamond's sigh awoke me from my thoughts, "Pearl, do something. Sing for her. Make her feel better."

"Yes, my Diamond. Ahem." She elbowed my diamond's Pearl, "Ahem!"

"Oh."

I stepped back as the two began to sing.

Holly Blue and a somewhat familiar Sapphire entered the room and that's when I stopped paying attention.

🔷🔷🔷

"My Diamond," I saluted when the two of us were alone. I could feel tears trying to pry free from my vision spheres, "I'm sorry for today. I'm sure it was hard to listen to that blasphemy."

"{Your Gem}," She placed my form in her hands bringing me closer to her face, "Please, tell me. Is it really so foolish for me to keep this up? It's just-"

She broke down in tears once more. It hurt to watch. I had only ever had this feeling explained to me during battle at the end of the 1st era.

🔷Flashback🔷

I held my weapon, clashing it against the spear being thrusted in my direction. I was panicking. It was my first battle and it's not like I had been trained for this. I was more of just a glorified pearl.

"Why are you doing this!?" My voice encased the two fighters, me and my enemy, "Going against your diamond!? Fighting against Homeworld!? What is the point to it all!?"

Pink Diamond's Pearl looked at me with an expression I couldn't understand, "Because! I fight in the name of Rose Quartz. I fight, live, and breathe for her. You wouldn't understand!"

🔷Back to Present🔷

I did understand.

I didn't back then. But now... I felt that way about my Diamond. She confides in me, and allows me to speak my mind. I find myself thinking about her even when I am not ordered to.

I wiped the tears from her face, soaking most of my form, "My Diamond. I believe... I believe that you're not in the wrong for feeling like this. Her Clarity Yellow Diamond, she just doesn't understand it all. She tends to resist her emotions. I'm sure she cares, she just hides that fact, even from herself."

My Diamond looked at me, smiling slightly, "Thank you. Your words always bring me comfort. But... How do you feel about it all? About Pink and her old things."

I sat down on my Diamond's palm, "If you are talking about Earth, I have no opinion since I haven't seen the planet myself and only fought on the outposts above. But if you are talking about the Rose Quartz Gems and the Human Zoo, well..." I sighed, I knew she let me speak my mind, but fear still flickered in the back of my head, "I believe the Rose Quartz gems should be spared, and even freed. Just because one gem had a major flaw that resulted in... disaster, doesn't mean that the whole cut is flawed. They should be monitored, but freed."

I then changed the topic to the Human Zoo, "As for the Zoo, it's too late for the humans to be reintroduced to the Earthen culture, and you have to take the cluster into account. So I believe we shouldn't take any more humans to the zoo, but the ones that are there should stay."

Blue Diamond smiled, "I adore the way you think {Your gem}. You always amaze me Dear."

I blushed, "Thank you kindly my Diamond."

She placed her lips on my cheek, "Thank you. I really should say that to you more. You make this era much better."