Bismuth X Reader (Welcome Home)

(A/N: I'm putting a few non-requests for just an example of what I can do. This is when Bismuth was first introduced into the show, but your character already knows Bismuth from the war. In fact, your character was dating Bismuth during the war. This Oneshot was inspired by 0ScrewNames0 's story: "For the Greater Good" which is a part of their SU oneshot book [It is really awesome! 100% would recommend].)

I was watching Amethyst play Steven's game. That's when it all started. Steven had been wrestling with Lion, and decided to store whatever it was they were fighting over in lion's mane.

Steven popped out of the mane, landing on his back, "I've made a horrible mistake!"

Safe to say, that got our attention, "What?"

"Aw man!" That statement had distracted Ame long enough to make her lose the game.

"Hold on! I can fix it!" With that, Steven dove back in.

We quit the game and went to Lion to wait for an explanation from our little half-gem son.

When he popped out, he had this panicked look on his face, "There's a gem inside of Lion's mane!

"A gem?" It was easy to say we were all confused.

"Describe her."

"Hang on a sec," Steven went back in, then he was back, "She's big. ... With Rainbow hair and Tattoos."

My eyes widened, it can't be.

"Rainbow hair?" Pearl's brain started to think of who this gem might be, "What does her gem look like?"

Steven placed his hand square on his chest, "It's an innie."

Pearl repeated my thoughts from earlier, "It can't be."

"Can't be what?" It was understandable for Ame to be confused, she had never met the gem in question.

"I have to go," I walked on out of the house.

I could hear Garnet tell Steven to bring her out. This can't be happening...

~Bismuth's POV~

I got you this time. The human's head popped up once more from the pink plains.

I got on his level, "Hey little friend!"

He backed up, squealing just a bit in surprise.

"No don't go!" I stood, "I believe I'm lost. And there's no one here but us, so how about a little help?"

He looked down before extending his hand to me, and I took it.

Next I knew, I was being pulled through the ground. When I emerged, I looked back to see a very confused, and concerned pink lion. Then I locked eyes with them.

Pearl and Garnet. Two of three of my best friends. Though the third was much more than a friend.

An Amethyst spoke up, "Wow! A total stranger," Sarcasm dripped in her voice, but that didn't matter.

I was a little overwhelmed, and to be honest, afraid of how they would react to me. The last thing I did was attack Rose, "Pearl. Garnet."

"Bismuth!" Pearl came running at me, tears in her eyes. She engulfed me in a hug, "You're back!"

"Woah hey! The Pearl I know never jumps into my arms!" I started playing around like old times, "Hey! Did somebody lose a Pearl?" I held her out in my arms, "Who do you belong to?"

She beamed, "Nobody!"

I couldn't help but laugh, then it was Garnet's turn, "Alright alright! Settle down."