Chapter 17: Dream A Little Dream Of Blue

Got so much to loseGot so much to proveGod, don't let me lose my mind

Got so much to lose
Got so much to prove
God, don't let me lose my mind

We took off from the station and decided to call it a day.

Caden stopped at this small convince store at the end of the street to get himself some soda. And I got some extra hot Cheetos.

I looked around in the mart as Caden grabbed KitKat, sodas, chips, donuts, two hotdogs, a slush, a little bit of everything.

He passed me one hotdog "Here." I took it and told him thanks. Eating the warm hotdog because I was really hungry. I asked with my mouth full as he looked at his options for chips "So what are you thinking?"

"About what?"

"You know... the evidence. Where do you wanna start?"

"Oh, I was thinking of retracing Blues steps from that night. I know that she went to see Ryan because he was high or something."

That Ryan guy again! I'm not jealous but what exactly did she see in that douche?

Caden brought me back from my thoughts "Not gonna lie, but I was glad that Blue was gone before we talked to the sheriff." I nodded my head "Yeah, I was relieved too. I didn't want her to hear our murder theory before we find something connected to it"

I turned around to get myself chocolate milk from the fridge.

Chocolate milk fixes everything.

As I took a gallon out of the fridge, I heard "Boo!" I shrieked and Caden did too. It was Blue as always. This time I was double grateful that she didn't hear the conversation that happened not even a second ago. She started laughing holding her stomach. I smiled as I watched her. It was good to see her laugh after what almost went down in the parking lot today.

I heard Caden chuckle behind me. I looked at Blue and she at me. Blue asked, "What's so funny?" He smiled "I just remember what dad told me about this mart." Blue furrowed her brows and said, "I don't remember."