Chapter 20: Eyes White

I opened my eyes and I was going fast down the road

I opened my eyes and I was going fast down the road. Panicking, I tried to get ahold of the steering wheel but I couldn't turn. It was like someone else was controlling the wheel. Looking up, I finally knew where I was. In Blue's Jeep. I was in her place and I was about to crush against the pole.

What do I do?

I tried kicking the doors but I felt week. My body was numb yet I was panicking constantly.

How do I get out from this?! How?!

Sweat started dripping down my forehead and tears started dripping down my cheeks. I covered my face with my arms and I crushed against the pole, hitting my head against the wheel. Hearing the crash of the car and the windows shattering.

Slowly opening my eyes, my vision was blurry, my head against the steering wheel and I looked out the window just like Blue did before she died. A figure approached me but I couldn't figure out who it was. It looked like a man but faceless. He stood against the car door not moving at all. Not even attempting to get me out. I slowly started feeling sleepy as my head hurt and I heard the monitor beep. And a faint voice of Caden saying "He's up."

I opened my eyes to the annoying white light above me and I looked down. Caden standing on my left with concern in his green eyes and mom and dad on my right. Mom in tears as dad put his arm around her waist, trying to comfort her. I swallowed but it hurt my throat and asked in a faint voice "W-what happened?" Looking down at myself, I had stickers with wires stuck to my chest and I wore a hospital gown with a drip piercing inside my skin and a clip on my finger.

Dad said, "I'll go get the doctor." And walked out of the room. Mom sat beside me and held my hand in hers. Looking at Caden, he finally spoke "We went out to the backyard of my dads' garage and you fainted. I panicked and rushed you here with Hawk carrying you." He took out his phone and showed me a picture of me. It was Hawk carrying me bridal style as I looked like I was a damn damsel in distress. I asked, "You took a picture?" He shrugged "Thought it'll cheer you up when you wake up. You're welcome." I rolled my eyes and the doctor came inside with dad right behind him.

He looked to be on the older side. Smiling at me, dad asked, "What exactly happened?" The doctor replied "Nothing too critical. Just some basic teenage malnutrition." Mom asked, "Is he gonna be fine?" He nodded his head "Yes, yes, just some prescribed vitamins and a little bit of rest. He'll be up and running in no time." He looked at me "Feel better." I nodded "Thank you."

Before he could leave, Dad asked again "Can we take him home?" He nodded "Yes, of course. Just sign some papers outside with my nurse and you're free to go." And then he finally walked out.

Dad said, "I'll go see about the paperwork." And mom said, "I'll come too." They left me alone with Caden. I looked at him and all of that playfulness was gone. I asked, "Who stepped on your Cheeto?" He sat beside me and said almost freaking out in low voice "You did! After I took you out to the backyard, I looked at you and your eyeballs went up in your eyes. They were full white and you stood there for almost three seconds before you fell and fainted. Sage, that was like some supernatural shit. What the fuck was that? I almost had a stroke right then and there. What the hell happened?" I shrugged "I don't know. All I remember was I saw the jeep and everything blank. Except for the nightmare."