Chapter 11: Love Bear

This was not good

This was not good.

I looked at the man standing right in front of us. With an amputated arm. Looking pale, old, and thin. His dry lips slightly stretched into a smile, showing us his yellow teeth. Caden asked"Come on, dude! We're not even a minute away." I said barely a whisper to Caden"When I tell you to run. You run. Okay?" He furrowed his brows" What?" I said again"Just do what I tell you, Caden. Get ready." I looked at Blue as she said"You guys need to run right now." I grabbed Caden's arm and said"Run!" We ran as fast as we could. Running through standing ghosts.

I ran through so many of them, even knowing  how they died. A poked out eye, a bashed head, hanging on the tree branch with a rope around their neck.

I said, "We need to get on the road right now!" Caden ran faster"Follow me!" I followed him by two lefts and a right. As soon as I saw the road, we got of the forest, falling on the road, trying to catch our breath. I looked at Caden and sweat was streaming down his face as he said as well as trying to catch his breath"Why" breath" the fuck" breath" did we run?!" He finally sighed as he barely got the question out. I replied barely breathing too"Because" breath" there were ghosts" breath" too many to count" breath" I was afraid that they might attack us."

Taking out my water bottle from my backpack, I took a sip greedily and offered some to Caden as well. He asked, "Is Blue here?" I looked around but she wasn't. I shook my head as he said"Do you think she is okay?" I nodded my head"I'm sure she's fine. We should get out of here before they come out too."

We stood up from the ground and looked at the tall building standing all alone. Inside a barricade with a big black gate in the middle. Caden looked at me"You ready?" I nodded and we made our journey to the gates.

Once we got inside the gates and the building, it was hard to believe that this used to be an asylum.

Walking to the reception desk with three pretty nurses working, Caden cleared his throat"Hi." The ladies looked at him and then at me. One of them asked with her concerned blue eyes"Are you lost, boys?" I shook my head"We are here to meet a patient. His name is Gabriel Asher." The three of them looked at each other and then at us. The other nurse with the brown eyes asked"Who are you? Gabriel Asher hasn't had a visit in the past 25 years." I took a deep breath because I felt bad for the man.

What if one day my dad throws me in an asylum and I have no one to visit me at all?

I said"I'm his nephew. Sage Asher." The nurse with the blue eyes picked the phone and said"Hey, Stacey... I have two teenage boys here claiming that one of them is Love Bears' nephew."

I looked at Caden as he whispered with disgust" Love Bear?" I shrugged with a frown.

The nurse looked at us and said "I need you boys to go down the hall and take a right. Nurse Crescent will show you to his room." We nodded and made our way as the nurse said.

Caden asked, "How do you feel?" I gulped"I think I may throw up the non-existing food from my stomach and maybe faint too." I looked at him and said, "If I faint, don't leave me alone." He clapped back"If you faint, I'm leaving your ass in the forest alone."