Chapter 29: Smiley Stickers

It isn't that much, but it's a good startSo go and get your hands dirty

So go and get your hands dirty

I woke up to the feeling of her sliding her finger down the bridge of my nose.

I opened my eyes and smiled at her. She was there with her wavy blonde hair sprawled across my pillow and a smile across her lips. I sighed as I gazed at her with a smile of my own "I can't get used to this, Blue. As much as I wish I could and I know I will... it's just gonna be me and my broken heart in the end."

My top priority was helping Blue move on but I was becoming selfish day by day, I didn't want her to go. I wanted her to stay with me forever. I loved when I wake up and find her right beside me. I love it too much that it hurts when I'm pulled back to reality right after. And then there are these words I keep using, the words that I know won't change my reality at all. The words such as... if, wish. It hurts so bad.

Sometimes my heart makes up sentences that I shut my brain to think logically. 'I wish Blue was alive. I wish I could bring her back to life. If she was alive, would she be mine?'

She sighed "I know. I have made peace with that I'm not exactly alive." I said, "Can I ask you something?" She smiled and held my hand between hers "Anything."  Her thumb slowly rubbing circles on my knuckle making me all emotional inside for some reason. All I wanted to do was kiss her and have her in my arms. I worked up the courage and asked "If we lived in a different reality...  if you weren't a ghost, and I just moved into town and we meet each other in the school hallway, do you think we could've been something more? I'm not saying this in a dating kind of way, I'm asking this in a spiritually connected way like we are now. The only difference is if you were here."

Her grip on my hand got loose as she said "I don't know, Sage. I don't even remember my life when I was alive. Not even a week ago, we just found out how I died. That's it. That's all I know." I looked down, understanding her words. Her grip got tighter "But I do know one thing. This... right here... I adore this. You're an amazing guy, Sage. Truly. Knowing that you care about me enough to jump in danger, I don't think even Ryan could do that for me." My brows furrowed "Did you say, Ryan?" She looked at me confused "I don't know why I even said that name. It was just on my tongue the whole time."

This could mean something, right?

I said, "We need to get to school."

X

I got to school on my bike and I waited for Caden in the parking lot where he usually parks.

A couple of minutes later, he drives in and parks his car near where I was standing. Sunglasses on my nose and he looked pale than usual. His most of the time styled hair was messy for once. The only ring he wore was his lion ring. A black hoodie with the hood on and... sweatpants?

Caden Jones, the boy who worships skinny jeans was wearing sweatpants... to school!

He got out of his car and locked the door, making his way inside the school without even looking at me. I ran after him calling his name "Caden!" I shook his shoulder and he looked at me taking his hood off and I noticed that he had AirPods inside his ears. I looked at him and asked, "What are you even listening to?" He took it out of his ears and groaned "Why can't anyone talk in silence? Can't we some kind of those 'don't talk for the whole day' kind of challenges? Where everyone is quiet and only talk in sign language? Hmm?" I took off his sunglasses but before he could protest against it, I saw how puffy his eyes were. Puffy and dilated. I said, "You're drunk, Caden." He chuckled "Well, duh!" I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him inside the bathroom with me.