14

"Come on Spencer, tell me where you're taking me!"

"No, I want it to be a surprise!" Spencer laughed back. "Trust me, I'm certain you'll like it."

"Please tell me."

"We'll be there in a minute, plus you'll be able to see it soon. Trust me, you'll know it when you see it."

As they turned round the corner, a colourful building came into view. The building itself was an old church, however the vibrant pinks, blues and yellows that swirled around the towers stood out among the red brick buildings that surrounded it.

"It's called 'Culture House'. It opened recently, and I heard it had some interesting art, so I figured you'd like it."

"I think you guessed right, I am intrigued."

Spencer pulled into a parking spot and the two jumped out of the car. The building itself was beautiful, the colourful paint that covered the building seemed to swirl and move as they moved closer to the entrance of the gallery.

"It looks like the building's moving." Elizabeth laughed.

"Did you know our brains actually perceive optical illusions correctly but out eyes don't which is why we get confused by them. Our brains are receiving both the correct and incorrect information at the same time. It's why some people get headaches when they look at them for too long."

"Seriously?"

"Sorry, I-"

"No, don't apologise. That's really cool! I was just shocked that you knew that. Tell me anything, maybe I'll win a pub quiz or two back home." She joked. "Bonus points as well because you've got a nice voice."

Spencer smiled. He was used to the absent stares of those around him when it came to him talking about the facts he'd read about. This was probably one of the only times that someone actually wanted to hear what he had to say. And he had a nice voice? He never considered himself to have a nice voice.

The two walked into the gallery, and got in the short line to pay the entry fee.

"I'll pay." Elizabeth said, already pulling out her purse.

"It's okay, I've got it." Spencer replied, going for his wallet.

"Spencer, please, let me. You picked me up from the airport and waited for me to deal with my meetings at the hotel. This is the least I can do."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, now come on let me pay."

Elizabeth payed at the front desk for two admissions, smiling as she did so. Spencer had a small smile on his face too. It was at that point Spencer realised how much of a height difference there was between the two. He was already tall, but she seemed significantly shorter than him. In fact, she seemed shorter than JJ. He must seem like a giant to her. He was surprised she hadn't asked him how tall he was yet. Usually it was the first question a person asked him, "How tall are you?" Spencer blurted out as Elizabeth picked up the tickets.