26

Spencer sat on the jet, re-reading Elizabeth's letter in his head

Spencer sat on the jet, re-reading Elizabeth's letter in his head. He had a feeling that the 'problem' she referred to in the letter was less of a problem and more of a person. Who said person was, he didn't know. He didn't like not knowing, which was something he found himself doing a lot more after meeting Elizabeth, though he thought it was almost defiantly worth it.

Anyone on the jet could see that Spencer was in deep thought, and Derek had a sneaking suspicion on what it was about, though he wouldn't interrupt.

Hotch on the other hand was concerned. Spencer was never this quiet on the jet back, unless the case was particularly bad, which this one wasn't. In fact it was an extremely easy case, where there were no fatalities, a complete win in their field. What was unusual however was how Spencer seemed to be floating off in thought more and more often, starting about four months ago now, and how he constantly seemed to be checking his phone. Was he back on Dilaudid?

So, Hotch slid himself into the chair opposite the young genius. "What's going on?" He asked bluntly.

Spencer was snapped suddenly out of his thoughts. "Nothing."

"Don't lie. Something's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine."

"Spencer, something is going on. Starting around four month's ago you started loosing concentration more frequently during cases, you've been checking your phone more often. You've come into the office late on occasion. Something is going on, and I'd rather hear it from you than someone else."

Spencer went red from embarrassment. He honestly didn't think anyone had noticed when he started talking to Elizabeth, but clearly Hotch had been watching far more closely than he had expected. "I-" He paused.

"Talk to me. I want to know what is going on."

"I met someone I like. We started writing letters to each other a while ago. She's incredible Hotch. She understands what I'm saying, and she asks questions that I never thought anyone would ask. I care about her a lot."

Hotch finally understood. He acted the exact same way when he and Hailey first started dating. Spencer Reid was well and truly falling in love. "She sound's great Reid. Though I have a feeling there's something more?"

"In her most recent letter she mentioned having a problem, and when we met she said some stuff that made me think someone's been harassing her. I think that maybe whoever was harassing her has been getting worse. I'm just worried. What if something happens?"

Hotch nodded. "Talk to her about it. It could be a misunderstanding. If it isn't, do what you can to help."

"Thank you Hotch."

Elizabeth was officially done with Connor. He'd been following her around like a creep ever since she'd gotten back, 'coincidently' bumping into her in the supermarket, and the library, and the park, and even walking along the beach past her house almost every evening. She couldn't enjoy one day of peace without him in it unless she locked herself in her house and closed all of the curtains, and even then she wasn't sure because she had no doubt in her mind that the man would knock on her door to ask her if she was all right.

Though she was ignoring all of that in order to spend time with Jasmine and May. The three of them sat in the small diner booth, talking among themselves. Though they always seemed to push the topic of Spencer.

"Seriously, your pen pal is hot!" Jasmine said, giggling a bit. "He has that real gentleman vibe to him, like hot young professor or something. But not quite. Defiantly an academic though."

"I mean, he also has a doctorate." Elizabeth said, sipping her tea.

"I'm telling you now May, they're going to get together! They're practically a match made in heaven!"

May had other idea's though. "Really, I thought her and Connor looked pretty cute."

Elizabeth's face dropped almost immediately.

"Really?" Jasmine frowned. "I can't see it."

"Seriously, he was asking about her the entire time she was gone. All about the things she likes. Music, food, flowers. He even offered to help housesit, which I obviously took him up on."

Elizabeth went pale. He'd been in her house. That creep had been in her house while she was away and her friend had let him in. "I'm sorry. You let him in my house?" She blurted out.

"Yeah, he was helping me clean. Is there a problem with that?"

"Yeah. I specifically told him that he couldn't housesit. You should have said no."

"Relax, Lizzy. He was fine, I made sure he didn't go anywhere near your bedroom." May laughed. "What's got your knickers in a twist."

"No, you know what, I can't do this today." Elizabeth grabbed her bag before walking out of the diner. She couldn't believe May. It felt like betrayal, even though she knew it wasn't. The bell rang as she opened the door, stepping out of the diner and into the street. The cool ocean air hit her face as she walked down the road.

She allowed herself to breathe as she walked, watching those who were also walking through the streets. The walk was quick, though she didn't want to hang around in one area for too long.

As she reached her street she began looking through her bag for her keys.

"Elizabeth, hey! How are you?" A voice said from behind her.

Turning around she saw Connor, following right behind her. "No. Go away."

"What? I just want to know how you are."

"No, you've been following me around for the past two weeks like a creep. And not to mention when I told you no to you housesitting, you went behind my back to find a way into my house. Do you know how creepy that is?"

"Relax, it's not a big deal. I was just offering to help."

"Have you ever considered that there was a reason that I didn't want you in my house? I barely know you and to have you going through my things without my permission makes me uncomfortable. What was going through your head to make you think that that was okay?"

"I just want to get to know you. Why can't I do that?"

"You don't have the right to that, not after what you did."

"What did I do?"

"Are you joking me? You forced yourself on me, and if Tom hadn't stopped you, I don't know what you would have done. Stay the hell away from me and find someone else whose actually interested in someone as disgusting as you."

Hi guys,

Sorry for missing a week, I returned back to college and was really busy setting stuff up for my final film project. Because of this, there may be times when chapters come out late because I'm focusing on my schoolwork. I hope you all understand.

Thanks for reading this chapter!

CJ