08

! TW ! ! SEXUAL HARASSMENT !

 ! TW !       ! SEXUAL HARASSMENT !

"I don't know," Spencer laughed. "I've never listened to The Beach Boys!"

"How have you never listened to them!" Elizabeth exclaimed down the phone. "Spencer, they're the definition of 60's high school romance film music. It's classic."

"I had never even heard of them until this conversation! If you want to talk classics talk The Beetles. Everyone knows them."

"Yeah, everyone knows them. But The Beach Boys produced some great songs in the same era and didn't get nearly as much credit! They were some of the greats at the time and don't even get remembered!"

"Well they clearly weren't that good if no one remembered them." Spencer laughed. "What did you do today anyway?"

"Chess, chess and more chess. I swear to god, your call saved me from smashing my head into a refrigerator."

"It's five o'clock there, isn't it?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Maybe you should take a walk? You've been in the house all day. Even if it's just for five minutes."

"Yeah, I might pick up food while I'm out. There new Mexican place that's just opened. I'll probably pick up from there and head home."

"Sounds good." Spencer nodded.

"Spencer?"

"Yeah Elizabeth?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Caring. Seriously, you're a really good friend and I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I just do what you do for me."

"Okay, enough with this sappy stuff, before I start ranting. What are you doing right now?"

"I'm talking to you?"

"Other than that?"

"I'm sitting on the floor, I was about to read when you called."

"What were you going to read?"

"Life of Pi. I haven't gotten around to reading it, Emily told me about it actually."

"Wait a minute, I got that book like a week ago! Where is it?" Spencer could hear shuffling through the phone as Elizabeth searched for the book. One thing he'd learnt from his conversations with the woman was that she had a tendency to forget to do basic things like put things back where she got them and opening the curtains. It worried him sometimes, that she forgot things that he found obvious. It made him wonder if she was remembering to take care of herself. "Got it! I haven't started it yet, maybe we could read it together?"