34

Spencer had been travelling a lot in the last week or so

Spencer had been travelling a lot in the last week or so. It was case after case for the BAU, to the point he hadn't even had the chance to head back to his apartment to pick up his post. The jet finally landed in Quantico and the team disembarked, and collected their things, all happy to get out of the cramped space they'd been on for the last 4 hours.

Stretching his limbs, Spencer walked around the runway in the early August heat the team waited for the de-briefing paperwork came through for them to sign so they could head to Rossi's and have a team dinner and have the weekend off.

The sign off paperwork was quick and Aaron told them that he'd managed to convince Strauss to push back their paperwork for until Monday morning, which allowed the team to take a sigh of relief at a paperwork free weekend.

Dinner at Rossi's was a nice change. Rossi's home was, in Spencer's mind, extravagant. He personally wouldn't want to live there, but he could understand the appeal of the large space.

"So, pretty boy," Derek said, slightly tipsy from the wine that Rossi had been serving, "How long is it now 'til your pretty girl is moving here?"

Spencer choked on his water, and the rest of the team laughed at the reaction. Spencer's ears had gone red with embarrassment. "Excuse me?" He managed to choke out in the midst of his spluttering.

"You know, the chess girl, what's her name again? Ellie? Ella? Elaine?"

"Elizabeth?" Emily asked, amused at Derek's drunken antics. The rest of the team were watching, amused and even Hotch's elusive smile had made an appearance.

"Elizabeth! Yes!" He pointed clumsily at Emily. "When's Elizabeth moving here? I'm sure everyone wants to know when we're gonna get to meet her."

"She's moving in two weeks, on the Saturday." Spencer said quietly, trying to shrink further into the chair if it was even possible.

"We should set up a night to meet her, welcome her to the East Coast!" Penelope says, a smile on her face.

"Yeah!" Derek said loudly, "Come on, we could take her out, show her the good spots, she'll love it!"

Spencer nodded, embarrassed by the conversation and the teams excitement to meet Elizabeth. He understood that the group where excited to finally meet her, but the closer it got to Elizabeth moving in, the more they teased him about her moving.

"I'll need to play her in chess," Rossi grabbed the wine as he spoke, pouring himself another glass. "See how she fares against me."

"Rossi," Emily laughed, "You do realise she's literally the best player in the country at the moment?"

"Yeah, I want to see how she'd do against someone who has absolutely no idea what they're doing. How do you come up with a counter strategy for someone who's got no strategy?"