chapter 16

TW!: mentions of abuse!

Y/N POV

His hands. They reminded me of her.

I quickly ran back to my room and collapsed on the floor as soon as I shut the door, trying to calm myself down. My sobs were loud and painful as I tried to stand up. My heart was aching whilst memories of her went through my mind. I tried to stop the memories, pulling harshly on my hair.

"Mom, let me out please! I'm hungry." I cried out. She locked me up in the broom closet. My 12 year old self was starving, I had been here for 36 hours straight.

"You're a fat, dirty whore, who needs to lose some weight! You should be thanking me for helping, you ungrateful pig. You ruined my life!" I heard her shouting.

My heart broke at her words. I tried to cover my ears up to stop me from hearing those painful words. My own mother, my own flesh and blood, whom I loved dearly, was breaking my innocent heart in million pieces.

She opened the closet and yanked me out, pulling my hair as I screamed out from pain.

"You worthless slut."

She wrapped her hand around my neck and strangled me until I was gasping for air.

I managed to get myself off the floor, my legs trembling as I walked to our shared mirror in the corner of the room.

I looked at myself in disgust, noticing the huge red mark his hands left while he was choking me. Though it wasn't the first time, this time was different. I didn't feel comfortable or teased, I felt scared. For a moment I thought it was her again, strangling me and spatting those fucking words at me.

Worthless slut.

I looked myself in the eyes, remembering how pure and innocent I used to be.

She ruined me.

I loved her, I loved her so much and all she did was hurt me. And the reason? I still don't know and I probably never will.

Funny isn't it? How your own mother, the woman that carried you for 9 months, gave birth, raised you, could turn into such a monster.

My mother was beautiful, but oh so evil.

People often see me as that privileged, spoiled girl, but I'm far from it. I've always tried to live for others, trying to satisfy others wishes, but now I've realised that it's gonna be me and only me at the end of the day.

I hated her for making me hate myself whenever I failed to stay strong, whenever my tears poured as rain, drowning me in sorrow. An air of melancholy surrounded me. I felt remorseful for myself, looking at nothing but a broken girl that tried to cover up her fractured soul with a mask that showed nothing more but happiness. I refused to let my walls down, afraid someone else is gonna break me again, someone like her.

I hated myself to allow the rivers of tears stroming down my face, caused by some simple boy. But I knew he wasn't just a boy, whether I liked it or not, he would always follow me, his spirit glued to my body. He would always appear in my thoughts. But I was just some worthless slut in his eyes, some girl that he's just using for his entertainment. I wanted it to stop, the voice in my head, the memories and this heavy, awful feeling in my chest.

I found a bottle of Aveline wine. Perfect.

I popped open the expensive bottle and brought it to my lips.

DRACO POV

Furiously I stamped to my room. Who does she think she is? Talking to me like she's some sort of famous witch. Although her family was rather famous in the Wizardly world, I just saw her as some little pathetic girl that liked to play games.