Chapter 41

Y/N POV:

I did it.

I finally told him.

I regret it, I wish I had just broken his heart regularly. That would have been easier to explain at least.

"What" he says quietly.

"Don't make me say it again." I beg him.

He's silent. But I didn't expect anything else from him,

I mean how is someone supposed to react when you tell them you've killed someone?

"You killed-" His mind is racing through a hundred thoughts per minute and I can see it on his face.

I'm not exactly sure what I am seeing though. I can't read his face, his thoughts are hidden behind his blank expression. I want him to say something but at the same time not to say anything at all. The quiet is killing me. I wish so desperately I had done things differently.

Draco opens his mouth but no words come out, he looks utterly terrified, he doesn't even make eye contact with me. I want to reverse everything. This is worse than I thought it would be.

He turns around and walks away. I want to ask him to stay with me, I want to ask him to let me explain. I want him to kiss me, I want to know that he still loves me.

Does he still?

I feel my heart sink down to my feet, the blood pumping through my body at a million times its rate.

I have to do something.

I want to do something.

I want to tell him that I love him, although I don't know how.

He's getting closer and closer to his room and I don't want him to lock me out.

Impulsively I reach for his hand.

He stops in his tracks.

I walked to him until we were in line with one another.

I look up to him but his face remains blank. No words escape his lips, nor mine.

Silence encases us in its shallow emptiness, it swallows us whole and clings to my heart, killing me slowly deep inside.

I want him to make everything better. But he isn't doing it. I want him to hold me, to tell me everything's fine. I want him to love me and show it. I want to hear it. I've relied on him too much for him to disappoint me now.

I have become dependent on him for my happiness, and I don't want to go back to what I used to have. I want him. I don't need anything else but him at this moment.

My breathing slows as I feel his fingers intertwine in mine. It's subtle but it's enough for me to know he cares. I look up to his face which is still processing all of this.

Draco finally looks me in the eyes and his blank stare becomes that of a worried one. He brings his other hand to my face and wipes a tear, I didn't even know I had been crying.

His hand stays rested on my cheek, stroking it tenderly. He brings me in, holding me tight.

This isn't what I expected at all.

It's better.

His voice is a hushed whisper, "and I thought you were bluffing when you said you'd kill me if I ever ditched you" he mumbles as he laughs a bit.

I punch him in the arm playfully and let out a laugh relieved.

"Okay okay, no need to kill me" He says putting both his hands up.