1

LYDIA HARPER; A sixteen year old girl who goes to Willment High in Los Feliz. It was the year 1994. Everything was great for the girl, along with her best friends, Justin Wheeler and Riley Turner. They were inseparable and they loved each other.

But there was a twist.

Lydia has had a huge crush on Justin since the first grade. It never changed since then, yeah she found other boys cute but she felt as if her heart still belonged to Justin. But on the other hand Justin heart belonged to Riley's and hers belonged to Justin.

They've been dating since 8th grade. They are now in 12th grade, soon to be 17 years old. They were the youngest seniors at the school, their birthdays happen to take place later on in the year. But it didn't matter because they all had each other. And no one cared.

They shared the same classes, same energy, it was never a dull moment with the three of them.

"Hey idiots!" Lydia said as she sat down in front of her best friends as they are their lunch. "What took you so long?" Riley asked her and she sighed "Macey decided to take the last yogurt." Lydia said and pressed her lips together. "And so...?" Riley asked wanting to know more making Lydia roll her eyes playfully. "She tried arguing over it and I just told her to take it but then she started running her mouth on why she should have it. I just stood there like everyone else." Lydia explained. "But didn't you tell her she could have it?" Justin asked and Lydia nodded as she looked at the apple sauce in disappointment.

"Apple sauce isn't bad." Riley commented. "Yeah but strawberry apple sauce is-who mixes strawberries and apple?" Lydia complained. "A very intoxicated person." Riley joked, Justin only chuckled. "You're quiet today." Lydia said to Justin and he nodded. "Riley made me bet that I can't say more than a sentence after every two minutes." Justin explained and Lydia rolled her eyes. "How do you actually go along with these stupid bets?" Lydia asked and the boy shrugged whilst pointing to his mouth, indicating that he couldn't talk for another two minutes.

"I need new friends." Lydia joked with a sigh making the couples mouth drop open in shock. "Rude." Riley stated and Lydia's eyes widened. "Says the girl who insulted my grandma's hat she made for me." Lydia shot back. making Justin choke on his drink and they girls jumped back as the water splashed lightly on them both.

Lydia and Riley laughed at Justin's reaction. "I'm sorry I can't do this stupid bet anymore." Justin said and Riley smiled. "Where's my ten bucks?" Riley asked and tried looking over at Lydia for an excuse but he noticed Lydia staring at something. So Justin followed her eyes to see those four boys.

"Ohhh..someone's got a crush." Justin teased snapping Lydia out of her gaze to see him looking at her. "W-what no I don't." Lydia stated instantly.

If only you knew that it was you.

She thought.

"You were totally eyeing one of them" Riley added and Lydia nodded. "Yeah because they're cool, have you heard their music? It's so good..and I can't believe that four boys with that much talent goes to our school." Lydia said and Riley raised her eyebrow, Lydia had just got into their music about two days ago. "Go talk to them." Riley said as the bell rang, indicating that lunch was over.

"No, they're intimidating." The brown girl admitted lowly. Riley over to the boys to see them all getting up as they laughed, Riley wanted to laugh, they were definitely not intimidating in her eyes, but they were cute. "Only to you, they look perfectly nice." Riley said and Justin nodded. "Well to me they are." Lydia shrugged as she stood up. She couldn't be late to math, she saw how the teacher always scold and embarrassed people who were late. She didn't want that.

"I'll catch you guys later." She said quickly. "See you after math, Lyds!" Justin called and the girl smiled and ran off.

Lydia dodged through the different crowds of teens as she looked at the numbers. 218 over the door. She had almost made it inside the classroom then-BAM.

She had to bumped into someone making her drop her books. Typical. Of course this had to happen.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" The boy said as he went down to grab the book for her. She stood there like an idiot while looking at the boy. "I-oh, no your fine." She reassured him and he smiled. "Okay. Great. Well, I'm Reggie." He introduced himself as he handed her the books back and she smiled softly at him whilst taking them back. "Thank you, Reggie. I'm Lydia." She introduced herself and they walked into the class, slightly smiling at each other as they walked to their assigned seats.

Okay, maybe Reggie wasn't intimidating, his outfit did make him seem intimidating. The leather jacket, white shirt, chain, black pants, red flannel tied around his waist. But he was sweet, he even introduced himself.

She thought he was going to be the total opposite of polite. But he was smiley and kind. But the other boys with brown hair were intimidating for sure. The blonde haired boy seemed kind enough to approach, but to the other two...no way she could.

These were all the things she thought of during her lesson. She couldn't help but smile to herself.

I met one band member today. He was sweet. His name is Reggie.

-Lydia Harper, august 29th, 1994.

Just a little something to remember for when they ever get super famous. She had hope.

edited