25

The boys and Lydia all sat in the car on the way to the carnival. They sat in their normal seats that they always used to. Reggie in the drivers seat, Bobby in the passenger seat, Luke behind Reggie, Lydia in the middle, and Alex behind Bobby.

Lydia missed laying on Luke's shoulder during a long car ride, but she didn't want to lay on him. So instead, she began to lean on Alex as he boy leaned against the window. Her eyes started to close the longer she stared off at the road.

Luke looked at her as she slept. Alex looked at the boy and smiled slyly at his best friend who was whipped by his other best friend. "So are you gonna apologize?" He whispered and Luke nodded. "I need to do it alone, with her. Not when you three are all listening." Luke said. "Oh come on! I thought you were gonna sing perfect harmony to her?" Alex said and Luke shook his head with a smile on his face. Alex assumed that he had something in mind.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Lydia and the boys all got out of the car quickly, excited to be at the new carnival. Lydia smiled once she saw the smile on Luke's face, which Bobby saw so he nudged her. "Like I said yesterday...go talk to him." He egged her on and she sighed. "Not now, I don't want to ruin his happy mood." She said. "You are his happiness." Reggie chimed in. Bobby smiled at the boy. "For once you didn't say anything stupid." Bobby said and Lydia held in her laugh.

"For once I didn't get punched, do you know how many times I got punched yesterday!?" Reggie asked and Lydia furrowed her eyebrows as she looked over to Bobby. "I didn't do anything." Bobby defended himself. Reggie head snapped towards him. "You did everything!" Reggie said and Alex turned around. "Come on, keep up guys." Alex said and Lydia ran after the two boys that ahead of them. "Luke wants to talk to you..he just doesn't know how to approach you." Alex whispered as they look forward to the boy who was in front of them. "Should I just go talk first?" Lydia asked. "Please do, you guys are killing me and Luke really thinks you're mad at him." Alex said. "Well I was mad at him, but I'm over it.." Lydia shrugged which Alex didn't understand why she was suddenly over it. But he shrugged along.

"Well, go on." Alex shoved the girl forward lightly and she inhaled deeply as she walked beside Luke. "Hey.." She started and Luke's head snapped towards the girl, hearing her voice.

"H-hey.." He said in surprise, but also relief. "Look..I'm sorry for ignoring and not talking to you, it was pretty immature." Lydia started and he shook his head. "You don't need to apologize, if anything I should be the one apologizing..I was immature for lying when I should have told you the truth." He said and she smiled. "I'm happy to hear your voice again..you know like actually talking to me." Lydia admitted. "You're happy? I'm the happiest right now. I seriously thought we weren't going to be friends anymore." He said and she smiled. "I thought you couldn't even look at me anymore." She said and Luke laughed. "I could look at you all day!" It slipped out, his eyes widened because of it.

Lydia's heart fluttered at the reply. "I-I'm sorry.." Luke said. "No..no that was cute" She said, laughing at him and Luke's stomach dropped.

She likes me right?...yea.

Luke smiled as their hands touched. He slowly grabbed her hand intertwining their fingers. Both of their hearts were beating quickly as their friends behind them smiled widely.

"Also Bobby, you owe me 20 dollars." Alex said and Bobby sighed. "Did you have to mention this once we made it to the carnival?" Bobby asked annoyed. "Of course, because I get more money to spend, so pay up." Alex said. "Hey! How come I wasn't apart of the bet?" Reggie asked and Alex looked over to the boy. "Because you were oblivious at the time we made the. Either way, I was the first one to know that Luke liked Lydia." Alex said proudly. "I would have totally won!" Reggie said confidently. "Really? I don't think you would have." Alex said in a high pitched voice, doubting the boy but also trying his best not to sound too mean.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

The five teens walked around the carnival as they all ate cotton candy, Alex being the one to pay for it all with his extra twenty dollars. "We should all get on that ride!" Bobby called while pointing to a ride call. Due Death. "Yea..that looks awesome!" Reggie said with a mouth full of cotton candy. "No we shouldn't." Lydia called and Bobby looked over to her. "Are you scared?" He asked. And Lydia stayed quiet. "She's scared guys!" Bobby teased. "I don't like the name!" Lydia denied. "Yea because you're scared!" Bobby laughed at the girl. "You sound like a four year old." Alex told Bobby. "She's ruining the fun because she's scared." Bobby whined making Alex and Lydia rolled their eyes at his complaining.

"Let's go!" Luke called. "See! Everyone's willing to go on this ride, Lyds. You got this!" Bobby encouraged her and Lydia looked around at the boys to see a wide smile on each of their faces. "Fine, I'll go." The girl caved in. The boys all cheered as they walked quickly towards the long line.

Lydia was actually taken back to see that half of the line had girls who looked like they were willingly doing this.

Do they actually enjoy these rides!? I hate rides..

Some girls who stood in line attention was now turned to the boys. Most likely because they were good looking and around their age.

"They are totally eyeing us." Reggie whispered happily to Bobby, Luke, and Alex. "I know dude, don't ruin this." Bobby said. Lydia just stood behind the boy crossing her arms as she quietly panicked. She never liked roller coasters, she was only doing it for the boys.

Luke noticed how off putting the girl seemed ever since they got in line. He walked up to her making her look up at him.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked and she nodded. "Bobby was right...I'm scared. I hate roller coasters."She admitted. "Oh-you don't have to go, Lyds. I'll stay down here with you." He said and she shook her head. "But I don't want to be a downer, and I don't want you to waste your time or not do anything while we're hear. I'll go on the ride...I'm just scared. But I'll get over it." She nodded reassuringly and he sighed. "I'll hold your hand the whole ride." He said as he grabbed her hand again. She smiled up at him. "Promise to never let go.." Lydia joked, hoping to relax herself.

Luke laughed as he pulled her into his arms. "I promise I'll never let go." Luke said in a weird voice and she laughed into his chest. "Thanks for helping me calm down a little bit." She said and she looked down at her. "Thank you for being here with me." Luke said.

Her stomach fluttered as he looked down at her lips. They slowly began to lean it, their hearts now pounding.

"Guys come on! The line moved!" Reggie broke the two apart. "Reggie!" Alex and Bobby yelled in unison at the boy. The girl who stood in front of them, turned back to the boys; hearing their loud yells. All the boys could do was send the girls awkward smiles.

edited

THANK YOU FOR 1k READS🤍🤍🤍